34: Silent Night

-edited-

Xavier POV:

I hate to be doing something so serious behind her back, to make a decision for her that she had already chose the opposite of. Tonight was just supposed to be a welcome home party, before the stress of work hit. But it was just the calm before the storm where the the fate of the Earth literally weighs on my shoulders. Everything up until this point was like breaking eggs, but this would be a story untold because the only one who would remember is Feronda.

"What is she?" Mason asks. "She's not a witch, we know that. But she has to be something so powerful-"

"She's an Enchantress." I answer. "They're commonly mistaken for witches, except they don't have a back story. All we know is they're the only ones who can read the stars it how they know the past, present and future and that they're chosen, no one knows by what, who or how, only themselves and they hold that so close to their chests that no matter how hard you look for answers the only thing that'll come up is popular opinion."

"So she knows this is actually going to turn out ok. That's why she was persistent on making sure we did this." Mason says hoping theirs a chance we won't die. We're not afraid of the mission we're afraid of failing, even though we'd be dead and hell would rise it'll still be my fault.

"Enchantresses live until they feel like they've fulfilled their purpose. It says they live like us, but they're reborn, same mind same knowledge from their previous lives. They could live for eons if they wanted but they don't, they're the most wise and noblest of all creatures that's ever walked this planet. They never abuse their power, they're unfamiliar to the things that drive people insane. Like greed, envy, hatred, and vengeance. They can feel those things, but they never use their power to make things the way they want."

"How come we've never heard of them then?"

"Because they're not easy to find, they're not common. There's only like two books with the most accurate information you can find, and for Werewolves Alphas have to be familiar with who they are because in a time of need, like now, they're the only ones that can help."

"But didn't Veronica find her online?"

"Yes but I'm sure Feronda placed herself in V's path because she can read the stars and knew this would happen and decided to let V come to her instead of the other way around instead of sounding like insane person."

"Well that's understandable." Mason said finally shutting up.

I look over at Oscar, who's been silent the whole car ride just staring out the window. I can tell he was thinking and thinking for a while, but his face went from extremely focused to relaxed, like he's come to a conclusion. "You've been quiet." I say talking to him.

He looks at me and the over his shoulder at Mason. "Sorry it's hard to get a word in when motor moth never runs out of things to say." He chuckles lightly at Masons growl.

"Are you sticking with that story or are you going to tell me what's on your mind?" I ask.

He knows I'll pry and he knows I will keep prying until he tells me.

He messed with his hair and rubs his face in his hands like he's trying to keep himself together. "I think I'm gonna die tonight, and I'm ok with that."

"If it makes you feel any better, we might all die tonight." Mason says trying to give him an innocent smile.

"Mason shut up." I growl. I let out a heavy breath on my shitty timing. "Why do you think you're gonna die tonight?" I ask.