19: Packing Up

(Media picture of Xavier)
*Mario Ermito as Xavier Kadenson*
-edited-

Xavier POV:

Packing wasn't entirely hard, we just took all her things. Her mother's words were "take everything, leave nothing". I adored her mom, she was seemed to have been a perfect mom. I would've never thought she'd be the parent to disown her child no matter what, but man I was wrong.

I watched as Jace carried three giant boxes and walked slowly and steadily as Owen put the dolly on the back of the moving van. I help Jace to speed up the process as I evidentially noticed Verna standing in the door way silently rushing us.

Jacked stacked the boxes neatly before hopping down and signaled for Owen to lock the back of the Uhaul truck.

Going to my car, I noticed Verna heading in my direction carrying a book. I patiently waited as she took her time, not that I have a mate to get back to or anything.

"You forgot her baby pictures, Mr.Kadenson." She said handing them to me. "I really hope you two come to your senses before it's too late."

I fail as I refrain from growling. "I'm happy Veronica decided to stay back at her dorm, because now I know your fate is worse than you think ours will be. But I will treat Veronica like a queen, and our kid like a prince or princess, as you wilt away year by year.

"You'll be in this house alone telling yourself you did the right thing, but subconsciously you regret the day you pushed away your daughter, you'll regret not wanting to know your grandchild. And as life goes on, you're here all by yourself. When death comes knocking on your door, you're won't be ready because you haven't reaped what you sowed, but it'll be too late." I get in my car and start it as she just stared at me. "But I wish you the best of luck."

I put V's baby book in the passenger seat as I drove off, looking in my rearview mirror to make sure Owen was following me.

I know I probably shouldn't have told Verna what I told her, but I can't stand how she stood in front of me and acted like such a bitch. How she kicked her daughter out and I can tell she didn't regret it. That woman was strong but I know for the years she live in her own silence my voice will repeat everything to her, and she'll have to come back to V, and remember she was wrong.

"Hey, Cortana," I say activating the cars spokes person, "Call Jace for me." I ask.

"Ok, calling Jace poop emoji (💩) , poop emoji, poop emoji." I smiled as she read the emojis I put by his name.

"Hey, what's up Alpha?" I hear Jace answer.

"You guys go ahead and head to my house, I'm going to pick up V. My spare key is in the doorbell, open left to right to reveal it, if you open it right to left and you break my door bell."

"Ok, we got you boss."

"Don't forget Jace." I warn.

"I know I know. Open right to left."

"No! You idiot open it left to right! I just said that!" I yelled.

"Ok, got it left to right. I'll tell Owen in case I forget." I heard him repeat himself to Owen, correctly. "Ok, we got it. See you later, Alpha."

"Ok." I say before hanging up.

I don't know if I want to call V in advance or just show up, because if I'm not mistaken she's under the impression that I'm not coming home today. I'll just call.