8: Fear

(Media picture of Jace)
*Micheal Trevino as Jace*

-edited-

Veronica POV:

I wake to the sound of yelling boys and a head ache.

"Hey, guys?" They look at me. "Do me a favor and... SHUT THE HELL UP!" They all seemed surprised at my remark. I'm pregnant and I'm tired, and I wanna save my Xavier.

"You know I thought about it, and I now know why you're so hell bent on going to the Grand Canyon." I think it was Jace talking though. "You said your dad died, right?" He asks. I only mumble a yeah. "Xavier is dying and you're having the Alphas baby. You don't want your baby to grow up without a father, like you, right."

"Precisely. But I had a few years with my dad. If I don't succeed the baby wont have any. I have to kill that bitch... I MEANT witch."I say hurriedly.

"No... you meant bitch." Mason laughed.

"No, I don't like to curse." I say upset.

"Sorry Luna." Mason apologized.

"My name is Veronica. Not Luna."

"We know, but when you and Xavier get married you'll be Luna Veronica."

"I'm still in college Mason, we're not getting married anytime soon." I growl, and it feels so weird.

"He's not going to like that." Jace says.

"Im not giving him much of a choice. I already have my associates degree, now I just need my bachelors." I say.

"But... why can't you just go online?" Mason asks.

"Online is for people that doesn't want to do anything with their life." I say.

"I did one college." Jace admitted.
"Thanks for proving my point." I roll my eyes. "How much longer?" I ask.

"Don't worry, less than an hour now." Mason says looking at me through the rearview mirror with a small smile that I return.

"Lets play I spy." I suggest.

"Ok..." Oscar says unsure.

"Me first... I spy with my little eye three rugged gray wolves with red eyes " I say.

"Huh?" Mason slows down the car and look closely at the wolves.

"Rogues." Mason says. Soon, Oscar is out if the car and running across traffic with Omar. Jace helps me in the front seat before he gets out the car.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Oscar, Omar and I will meet up with you two later." Thats all he said before he shifted right by car and jumping from hood to hood on other cars.

"Mason what's going on?" I ask getting really aggravated.

"Rogues." he steps on the gas petal and starts driving fast.

"What's a rogue?" I ask.

"Basically aye, uh, uh out of control werewolf... and sometimes the gang up and try to take down actual packs, but like the least of my worries right now."

"Ok, so if out of control werewolves is the least of our worries then-"

"No! They're the least of my worries, you? If you die, Xavier will break every bone in my body." Mason said, speeding up a little quicker.

"I'm gonna die!" I yelled.

He kept making double takes at me. "You're not gonna die, I'm just saying. We have to get you out of here."

"I'm in a fucking car-" I slap my hand over my mouth for saying such a word.

I look at Mason and he's looking at key through the rearveiw mirror with a smile plastered on his face. "I just meant we have to get out the area."

"And what about Jace,Omar, and Os-"

"They'll track us down."

"You're too confident." I pout.

"I have to be, and so should you."

Xavier POV:

Lay sickly in my bed with only one dying wish, to be with my mate. Instead she ran off to some place and all I'm capable of doing is sending my men to watch her every second. I should be with her, she should be here. I shouldn't've let her go.

Dyke, I mean Dyce, has been checking on me constantly and its out of guilt. Veronica wanted him to go with her so that they could catch up. Which is partially my fault because she introduced me to the wolf a long time ago and saw it was Dyce, as soon as I got home I yelled at him and threatens his future in this pack if he was not to see her again. Then she went off to college, and I had to enroll with her. I don't even think Veronica knows my real age yet.

She's young and beautiful and twenty. I'm a thirty-two year old dying alpha. Thats the thing though I won't look fifty until I'm three hundred, if I can make it to thirty-three.

I do remember her mentioning something about a cure for me, but wouldn't it ange things? Perhaps I'm thinking too much of this. But what kind of mate am I? I let my pregnant fiancé mate, run off to God knows where to get a cure. Knowing her perfect personality I pretty sure she's broken Omar's, Jaces, Oscar's, and Masons strong suit. I'm pretty sure they're laughing and goofing around letting their guard down. I just know she broke their protective shield, because she broke mine.

"What are you thinking about brother?" A familiar high, yet concerned voice asks me. In my defense I wanted it to be with Veronica, safe and sound, not Xaya.

"What?" I ask idiotically.

"The look on your face. Eyebrows furry, eyes narrowed, nose scrunched, and your lips tucked between you teeth showing only one dimple. So, brother, what are you thinking about?" Xaya asks again.

"Not a what. Who. Veronica. I just have this hunch that the guys let their guard down because of her cheerful personality, and something's wrong. Like I'm in this bed safe, protected by the entire pack, yet part of me feels scared, that part of me I got when I met Veronica." I explain to her.

"Or maybe part of you is scared because you're afraid you're gonna die and leave Veronica alone with your kid."

"No. I've been on my death bed several times, never have I ever feared of dying. Something's wrong."