31: Ball Night

-edited-

Veronica:

Once we carried their unconscious bodies to their rooms it was weird. I mean Xavier, Chase and I were all cussed out by Levi's mate, Raven, who thought we did something to him because of the plan. Lotus and Dimitri were fine, when we left Lotus was just starting to fall asleep.

But Xavier and Chase needed to discuss some things, things that Xavier didn't want me present for. I was dropped off by our room, but that was over an hour ago. He wanted me to sleep, but I can't sleep if I don't know what he's up to or if he's ok.

I've tried watching tv, and eating and doing anything to distract myself from his whereabouts but nothing came to mind. But looking down at my growing belly, just put a smile on my face, I just can't wait until I feel the baby kick without killing me, or watch him grow until my stomach is huge and round. This boy is the perfect distraction, because I wonder what he'd be like... if a demon wasn't trying harbor his soul.

Feronda wants to kill the baby as soon as he's born, simply because the demon will immediately take the body as it's own, and when my son dies the demon will be back in hell. But I don't know if I can do it, I love Xander so much it hurts, and he's only about the size of a kiwi... it's simply insane how this works.

I hear my stomach making that gurgling noise and that same annoying pain my chest before I rush to the bathroom. Finishing, I flush, but I can't really find the energy to get up. Just any moment now he'd walk through door, I mean... it's going on three hours and as much as I want to call I don't want to be a bother.

•••

"Oh shit!" I feel myself being picked up and immediately opened my eyes. "Oh thank goddess!" Xavier sighed, relieved. "You scared me." He started to cradle me.

I look around and saw I was still in the bathroom, I must've dozed off against the tub. "I just fell asleep." I tell him.

"By tub?" He asks.

"Yea, I needed to throw up, and then I couldn't get up."

"You couldn't get up!?" I roll my eyes.

"I just didn't have the energy to get up." I correct him. He seemed like he didn't believe me, but he carried me to our bed, and lied me down gently. "Why were you gone for so long?" I ask.

"How long was I gone?"

I look at the clock. "Well it's five in the morning, so four hours." I kind of growl.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart," He gives me a kiss on my forehead, "I'll explain everything later today, but for now we need sleep, we will be having the ball tonight before our last meeting."

"Doesn't sound right." I say rolling over.

I feel his arms pulling me against him so he's the big spoon."I wish I could tell you your are wrong."

•••

Xavier POV:

I swing my feet over the edge of the bed, reluctant to get up only after a short nights rest. I just want to stay in bed and sleep with my mate under me. Instead I have to go talk to Chase, prep for the dance before we break the bad news tomorrow.

None of this is comforting, none of this is what any of us wanted. Thinking things couldn't get worse, but then they did. I have a human mate, holding our demonic werewolf baby and then I have to give people a night of fun just so I can tell them the next day that they have to slaughter the listed people from their packs.