27: First Meeting

-edited-

Xavier:

I took Vs bag from her hands as her finger tips lightly touch mine. "You're my Queen. You won't ever need to lift a finger." I smile to her as she tries to hide her face some.

"So you never told me where we are going." I don't want to tell her, I feel like she'd think she'd be the next Amelia Earhart or something.

I don't look at her, if I do I'm afraid she'll sense that there's more to what I'm saying. "It's somewhere really nice. Authentic and beautiful. You'd love it."

I don't sit for her to walk in after me, so I can close the plane door, and lock it. Once she does, she made herself comfortable in my recliner that sits directly in front of the 90 inch flat screen tv. At first I was thinking about letting her have it, but the thought of missing my seat was a bit over whelming.

I picked up V and held her over my head until I took my seat, and then gently placed her on my lap.

"This is much better." I smirked.

"Well of course you'd think so." I don't know how she meant that, her sentence was too emotionless to tell if she meant that sarcastically or not. But I ignore it.

The plane ride was calming, a little bit of turbulence, but we made it to our destination safe and sound. When we made it to our suite she threw up a couple times but now she's knocked out in bed.

I leave the room, shutting the door quietly behind me as started down the corridor. She doesn't know that I'm attending my first meeting, this is one is strictly no mates. Some of the Alphas here tell their mates and some of us don't. I did not.

"Xavier!" I turn around to see a old friend of mine.

"Hemsworth McQueen. How you doin' kid?" I asked as I felt his arm slam on my shoulder. His parents were killed in their sleep by rogues that took their vows to become pack members, they were actually traitors, they killed his parents then themselves so they have no leads on who they worked for and where to find where they came from. Even their identities were fake, we've yet to understand how. Hemsworth was in Puerto Rico with his girlfriend. I never did give my condolences. "Hey, I'm sorry about your parents." I say softly.

"Hey don't do that. Everyone is sorry, I get that. It's not going to bring them back."

"Then I offer you my resources, at least that'll help avenge their death." I smiled.

"Now that's something I want to hear." He patted my back as he ran up to Alpha Wix who's nine years older than me.

I look at the few Alphas ahead of me, knowing it's not even half of them, then slowly turning back I see the other half behind me. I make eye contact with Zod... he's a bit quick to anger but a pretty cool guy and also a bit paranoid by it makes him a better Alpha. He started weaving between the others and I slowed down some.

"I heard you're going to be a dad." His blank face curved into a crooked smile. "How do you feel?"

I put both my hands in my pockets, and lowered my head as I let out a rough laugh. "To be honest, at first I was ecstatic, the thought of having a kid with my mate it was something I've been waiting for."

"So what's wrong?"

"Veronica's human. She's sick all the time, and they baby isn't making it any easier for her. I bit her but it won't have a full affect until after the baby. The only thing the venom is doing is expanding her womb to proper size so the baby won't rip through her stomach and kill her."