6: Hitting The Road

(Media picture of Danay)
*Zendaya Coleman as Danay*

-edited-

Veronica POV:

"The Grand Canyon, that's not going to happen." Danay says.

"Then Xavier would die. I can't let that happen."

"You can. It's called fait." Danay says standing up.

"Well, I hope fait gives you a visual aid of your future." I smile fakely at her.

"What ever, but if you want someone to pursue your death, ask Dyce."

Dyce. Not a bad idea.

Danay and I walked back to the house. Not a word said. It was kind of awkward.

When we first got there I went to go see Xavier. "Hey. Guys you can leave." Xavier dismisses his friends.

I peck his lips and smile. "Guess what?" I smile even wider.

"What?"

"I'm going to the grand canyon."

For some reason Xavier did not like the sound of that, at all. "Why are you going to the grand canyon?" He asks.

"Marc-vrjsibr de laci-hrjridbf."

Xavier gave me this crazy look. "What?"

I sigh. "Marcell de Lacivett." I say.
"No fucking way!" Xavier yelled.

I slapped his arm. "Watch your mouth."

"You're not going. Why do you want to go? What do you need her for? You know what, it doesn't even matter. You're not going."

"I'm going to save your life. To save your life you have to take a life. I want a complete family. This is the only way." I whine I look at him and he's only frustrated.

"You're not going." He demands.

"I'm going." I get out of bed and walk towards the door.

"Veroni-" I slammed the door by and headed outside, which I was immediately accompanied by Omar and Mason.

"What do you two want?" I ask.

"We want to go watch the football game, but we have to come with you."

"Then go watch the game." I get in the car and Mason gets in the front seat.

"We can't."

"You will."

Then I see Omar sitting in the back already buckled in. "What?" He says.

"Get out! That's what."

"We can't leave you, Alpha orders." Omar says.

"You have to leave me, Luna orders." I tell them.

"Alpha said don't listen to Luna because she's stubborn." I beat on the wheel and ended up breaking it.

"Ah, great look at what you made me do!" I yell at them.

"We didn't make you d ok anything." Omar says defensive.

"Get out my car!" I yell again.

"We can't do that!" Mason yelled at me. His eyes glow a electric blue and teeth sharp and showing.

I have no clue why, but I start crying. The guys look at each other so confused, then Omar and Jace punched Mason twice, and I'm guessing hard. I don't know where Jace came from though.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. Please don't cry." Mason said softly.

"I'm telling Xavier." I pout.

His eyes went huge with fear. "I'll do anything just please don't tell Alpha Xavier."

"Why shouldn't I?"

"Because he'll have my head on Satan's pitchfork for making you cry." He was really worried.

I wiped my eyes. "Xavier, would never do anything to hurt anyone. He's a sweet guy." I say, as my voice starts to clear.

"No. He's no-" Jace punched Mason in the ribs. "Yes, he is. But when he's mad not so much."

"I know, tell me about it." I put the key in the ignition and turned it, starting the car. "One time, me and Xaviers went on a second date. We sat at a bar counte-"

"You went to a bar on a second date?" Omar asks.

"Yes, shut up and listen, we weren't at first then I heard the Seattle Seahawks was going against the Denver Broncos so I made him take me to the bar."

"You made him, go watch a football game?" Jace asks.

"Yes!" I yelled. "I had a beer, and Xavier maybe had three beers. But this guy sat on the other side of, and he pulled my stool closer to him. At first I was confused, then he put his arm around me. I've never seen anyone break a arm so fast, but when I looked in his eyes, I saw him resisting. I was scared, so I didn't speak with him for a couple weeks, until he showed up at my door."

"Oh, those was the weeks were the Alpha was is a dangerous mood." Jace started laughing, "Mason remember when when he threw you out the window. That's was classic."

I stomped on the breaks. "He did what!?" I yelled.

All of their eyes went wide. "It was only the second story window." Mason says urgent.

"He's crazy!" I yelled.

"N-n-n-n-no, he's not." They all said in a studdering format.

I look at them all skeptical, and when I started driving a wave of relief washed over all of them. I turned on the radio, and they did not like my choice if music, but I am driving.

This is one way to get a road trip started. "Tell me more about my beloved mate."