13: With You

(Media picture of Omar)
**Kellan Lutz as Omar**

-edited-

Veronica POV

I feel Xavier trying to smoothly escape the bed, but he knows I'm a light sleeper and he's never subtle enough.

"Good morning." I say as I fold the pillow under my head, watching him get dressed.

Once he buckled his belt he leaned over to me and kissed my cheek. "Good morning beautiful." He was looking for his shirt and from what I remember I through it across the room near the balcony, but I'll let him find it.

I didn't know what else to say, we were miles from home and I didn't know anything about anything of his other life. Thinking about it I realized that a lot of things he told me were lies, or hidden truths within them.

I look up from my pillow at Xavier who was giving me that same look from last night, but this time I want him to notice that I'm ignoring it, I face the other way looking out the window instead. I can tell by where the sun was it was probably eight or nine o'clock, but what I really want is breakfast.

I watch as a arm block my view from the balcony and I can feel Xavier's body on mine. I watched his arms go from holding himself up with his hands to holding himself up with his forearms. I can feel light kisses on my back but I don't really acknowledge them even though I love them.

"What's on your mind?" He asks me. But I ignore him again. "Veronica." He said. "Babe, stop ignoring me." He dropped to my side where were staring face to face, I roll to other side facing the door, the door is really boring. "V, did I do something?"

Did he do something? I'm not actually sure if I'm being completely honest. It's just throughout all these years and all the stories he told me about his "brothers" and him but never told me about his sister. Then the thing with Jax or Dyce or whatever, why'd he do it?

When I first me Mason, Jace, and Owen, they had no sense of humor and were emotionless all because Xavier told them to. He literally controls people, what if he tries to control me? I don't want to be one of his mindless drones, I like not having to take orders from someone or laugh when somethings funny. I don't get any of it.

"Please, V, say something." I could hear he sounded sad, but what if it's a an act? What if they drugged me and I dreaming all of this? That's actually really fucking stupid. What if a mate thing doesn't exist he's making this up to keep me in his life? But he's never really lied to me before. Has he? "Babe please say something, anything."

I can hear my stomach make a funny noise and my chest started to burn. "I'm gonna puke." I wrap the sheets around me before running to the bathroom.

I felt Xavier behind me every step of the way, as soon as I got in front of the toilet everything came up, and Xavier was holding my hair and still grabbing at the loose strands. I start crying because I hate throwing up it tastes awful and I hate it so much.

I grabbed my hair from Xavier as and lean against the wall across from the toilet. I wiped my mouth with the sheet and pushed away Xavier's arms as he tried to hug and comfort me. But I just tried to stop crying.

"How many lies have you told me?" I ask drying my tears. "To keep a secret for so long you have to had lied, so how many lies have you told me?" I look at him as he sat next to me.

"I only told a couple, I just left out some things."

"Like?"

"Like I lied about getting accepted into your college and but I left out my little sister Xaya." He says giving me an example.

"What about your mom and dad, did I meet the real them?" I asked.

"Yea, you did. They wanted to meet you as bad as you wanted to meet them."

"Then what's the real story about when you first saw me? A leader as yourself doesn't have time for school so you couldn't have just casually decided to go to high school."

"You're right, which leads me to my real age." I slam my head against the wall, I swear if he says he's like forty or something I'm leaving him, and I'm never coming back to him.  "I'm only 24, V." I sigh in relief, because I really don't want to leave him but if he was a guy that was almost middle aged I don't think I could do it even though he obviously looks like he's in his twenties.

"So you're four years older than me, not 4 months older than me. Which also means when joined my high school my junior year you were 20 and not 17." He nodded his head. "Oh my gosh dude."

"Anyways I met you one morning when Oscar and I had to go into town the get food for the pack house because the Omegas were sick. We were driving by your high school and you got a parking spot in the back.... this is going to make be sound like a stalking creeper," He said warning me, "I know it had to be you, I got out the car and pretended to walk to the school a little behind you until you got inside, so I decided to enroll the next day as a new student from being 'homeschooled'. I had Jaces friend hack the school system and went through every student until I saw your picture and made him give me five classes with you and lunch."

"Yup you were a stalking creeper." I say.

"But I just wanted to be with you every second of every minute of every hour of everyday. I didn't know what other way to do it because I was 20 and you were 17, also known as illegal." I looked at him and smiled not everything was as jurassic as my brain tried to make it.

So I guess I can ask the question I've been trying to prevent myself from asking. "Are you bad?" I ask.

"Am I bad?" He asks.

"Yea.. someone tried to kill you, and everyone of the wolves listen to you through fear... are you bad?" I ask again.

He doesn't answer. Quiet, but the longer the silence the more I feared the beast inside him. "When I'm with you, I'm a better person." Was all he said before he got up and went to the room.

I was prepared to hear the answer I wasn't looking for. But that wasn't what I was expecting. When I'm with you, I'm a better person. That can me anything. That could mean he's only nice to me and mean and cruel to everyone else.

I get to ask more questions.. I need to know the real man that I am with.

I walk out the bathroom and see my shirt and underwear on the floor. I sat on the bed and started getting dressed as Xavier just faced the balcony watching the son rise, secretly hoping that I don't ask the question that I'm going to ask him anyways.

"What do you mean, when you're with me you're a better person?" I ask, standing next to him. I look up at him and he doesn't say anything, now I'm the one that's getting the silent treatment. "Xavier." I say. I start poking his arm like a child but no response. "Xavier what did you mean?" I ask again.

I sigh in defeat for I no longer want to waste my breath. I grab my phone and leave the room. With only one foot out the door I was pulled back into the room and the door was closed. "As a alpha, a leader I settle for zero tolerance. Punishments beyond what a human stomach of a sane person can handle. I make decisions that are right for my pack, my family, for you. I will do things that will scare you the same things that makes my people fear me. When I am just alpha, my job isn't being the nice guy I am when I'm with you, and that makes people angry at me, others will think I'm irrational." He stares at me deeply and I start to feel uneasy and kind of scared and he sees that, he lighten his stare and relaxes his body. 

"There will be times when you want to leave me Veronica, because of things I do. There will be times when I'll push you away so you won't see the things I do, but you just need to know that I'm a better person when I'm with you."