37: Fresh Agendas

-edited-

Xavier POV:

"I don't understand Xavier," I can hear the fear in her voice, "we've talked about this, at first you said the bite would turn me and I'd have a healthy pregnancy.. that didn't work, and then you got a second opinion and they said in some cases it won't be until after the baby is born? Why now!?"

I try to think of any answer, but I don't have one, and I know if I tell her that then she'd only be scared more. "The baby." I answer. "He clearly has alpha blood and figured if he let you transform when the time is right then that's the right idea to have."

Her eyes narrow as she stares at me, "You're lying." She growls. It only seemed to make her more upset.

"I'm just trying to help, I have no idea why this is happening now. I honestly think the level of anger you reached may've just done the trick. It makes sense, ok?" She only rolls her eyes, but maybe we should ask someone it seems smarter to do that than to stand around and guess until she decides to tear out my throat off impulse. "I do know something for a fact that might help."

"Then why are you staring, tell me."

"Female werewolves are pregnant shorter than humans are. Humans gestation period is 9 months. Wolves gestation period is 3-4 months... so she wolves are typically pregnant for 5-6 months. Im actually starting to think that because you're four months, that this is the baby's way of telling you 'hey mom, I'll be here in about a month or so, so here's a boost'." I say giving her a half smile.

"And this isn't information you wanted to share literally anytime before now!?"

"I-"

"I want a professional opinion."

"I'll get on the phone now."

I call the pack nurse, and after explaining everything to her she told me that she can bring some books and one of the elders is a type of philosopher. It may be much, but angering my pregnant and newly powered up mate is more dangerous than you'd think. When she arrived Veronicas eyes were still bright yellow. Elder Foster said that our baby boy is in fact boosting her, said that he'd be here in about 6 weeks, and about an hour later of tests being ran by Nurse Holly that it was true. 

After they finally left V was quiet, and spaced out kind of like she seemed to be in her head. "Hey, honey-"

"Shhh!" She hisses while holding one finger up to me. She nods her head a couple times before looking back to me. "She's pretty cool."

Then it hits me. "Your wolf." She nods. "It's so fucking weird and unbelievable but actually kinda dope."

"Welcome to being a werewolf." I say before lying down next to her. She grabs my arm, and lets go quickly before slowly reaching to do it again. "You okay babygirl?"

"My hand kinda tingles when I touch you." Then it hits me. Her wolf means she can feel the connection I've been trying to explain to her. I motion for her to do it again, and once she does she would start to move her hand up my arm. "Even the lightest touch feels like a million microscopic kisses rushing through my body." She smiles.

I smile as she begins to trace my bicep, she's so in-tuned by the feel that she acts as if she's in a trance. "Tell me what this feels like." I cup her jaw before pulling her in for a kiss, at the lightest touch of our lips she was on my lap almost instantly. I hold her as close as I can, telling her body exactly how to respond.

She breaks the kiss still looking down at my lips as they're barely parted. "It feels like there's way too many layers keeping us apart."

"You read my mind."