12: Back

(Media picture of Oscar)
** Alex Esola as Oscar **

-edited-

Veronica POV

"I've missed you so much." Xavier said closing our hotel door and as his arm was around my waist pulling us impossibly closer.

I giggle against his lips as I fall in love with him and how much energy he has again. "I missed you too."

He picked me up and I wrap my legs around him, and I can feel the kisses he started planting on my neck and I try not to laugh as I assume he's walking us towards the bed.

As my back touched the bed I just wanted him to hold me, cuddle with me. I love the fact that he's healthy and I no longer have to worry about losing him.

"Xavier," I say, "I want a burger." I tell him, and by the look of want turned into confusion I knew it wasn't what he expected.

"Really? Right now of all times?" He asked for clarification.

"Yes," I tried to roll from under him, "I'm hungry."

"I wish you were hungry for me, but come on let's go get you a burger." He crawled from over me and reached for my hand. He pulled me into a hug and held me tightly to him as he kissed me once again. "I love you."

I hug him and placed my head on his chest where I heard his healthy heart beat. "I love you too." I looked up and kissed his chin. I pull back a little and touched his lips, then rubbed his chin and jawline. "Stubble? You didn't shave?" I ask him.

"No, I wanted to see you as soon as possible."

"Babe, I feel like I just kissed the spikes side of velcro. We are going to buy you a new razor too."

"Honey what if I want to grow a beard?" He asked me.

"Then I will only be kissing your lips."

"I don't have a problem with that." He grabbed me held me against him as we walked down the hall.

"It also means you can't kiss my neck but because I will feel it scratch my chin and that's not really a turn on."

"Not even tonight?" He asked kind of sad.

"Not even tonight." I assured him.

"Then it looks like I'm buying a razor because I really want to have sex with tonight."

"And I you." He looked at me as we were in the elevator. "After the my burger."

"Then it's going to be like kissing a burger."

"You used to kiss me after I ate all the time and sometimes while I was still chewing."

"It's because I love you."

I pecked his lips as we walked outside. "You're so weird and disgusting." He opened the car door for me to get in and I happily did. "You know we could ordered room service though." I tell him.

"Yea but it's expensive for something that doesn't taste that well. You're my queen and you get whatever you want when you want it. You deserve the best, V." His lips reaches for my temple but I made them meet mine. "Where to gorgeous?"

"Brahms?"

"Whatever your stomach desires." He put his hand on my stomach and it was crazy because the baby probably the same size as a peanut, but knowing it's there makes him happier than anything. I think he may love the peanut more than he loves me.

He took me to a Brahms and I texted the guys if they wanted anything but they all said they would order from the hotel and gets drink from the vending machines.

The whole time Xavier was just smiling at me, at first it was cute and made me feel good about myself but his eyes were saying something that his mouth wouldn't. I want to ask but I don't know if I should and if I'm being completely honest I'm kind of scared of the beast he holds with in. What if I ask the wrong question and he explained and eats me? What if I stepped on his toe, maybe he could bite my foot off?

I don't know, it's just I've been dating this guy for years, I love him, my family loves him, if my was still here he'd love him too. But I don't know his beast, the monster that hides under his beautiful face.

I take the top off my smoothie as I dip the fry inside. I flicked my eyes up at Xavier and he looked kind of weird like he was trying to figure me out. I ignore it though, acknowledging it would only lead to questions I don't want to ask or answer.

"You ok?" He asked concerned. Shit.

"Yup I'm good, just eating." I say hoping he believes me, but I know he doesn't he always knows when I'm being dishonest.

"Really?" He asks. I nod my head. "Come on babe, talk to me."

"Everything is fine. I've been dating you for over four years, I'm holding your baby and I recently found out that werewolves exist and I am 'mated' to one and he bosses a lot of other people who listen because of fear. But I love him-you because I don't know why so I've even killed for you." I say trying to sound casual but I know he hears the insanity underneath because he gets up and sits next to me.

"I'm sorry, Veronica. I should've told you after the second year of us being together, but I didn't."

"You should've said something after our first year," I correct him. "I told you that you were my longest relationship at a year because I never trusted."

"You're right, but I didn't think you were in love with me yet-"

"Idiot I was in love with by our sixth date." I say rolling my eyes.

He gave me a hug as I continued to try and eat so I ignore him, but he only hugs me tighter. I continue to ignore him but he kisses my cheek before hugging me tighter and I burst out laughing. He then let me go and kissed me again, and I kissed him back.

"I love you, V." He tells me.

"I love you too." I cup that back of his neck as I kiss him again and I feel him smile against my lips.

I try to break it but he holds me closer. "Nope." I start laughing as he kisses my neck because he knows that it tickles sometimes.

"Ok ok... stop... Xavier." I say in between laughs.

"Can we go back to the hotel now?" He asks in a compromised voice.

"Mmmmm." I hummed as he lightly placed a kiss on my neck. "I give in ok." I say. He pulled me up with him, pecking my lips.

"I love you." He smiled.

"I guess I love you too." He turned me around and picked me up, and I laugh like an idiot as he takes us to the car. "Don't think I forgot you need to buy a razor."