5: Grand Canyon

(Media picture of Dyce)
*Basel Elgort as Dyce*

-edited-

Veronica POV:

As soon as we got to the house Xaya tried to make a run for it, but Omar and Mason was a lot faster than she was.

Cara came up to me with a 'Please Forgive Me' cake. I actually thought she was going to poison me when Jace said he had to taste it first.

"Hey, I have to talk to Xavier so... Danay, can stick with Veronica for the rest of the day?"

I look in his direction and it was the girl that told Cara to back off earlier.

"Okay." She walked over to me as he left. "Hey, Danay."

"Oh, thanks for earlier by the way."

"No problem Cara can be huge bitch, sometimes. You just have to have to know her limits for you to force them."

We started walking and talking. I told her some things about me, and she told me something about her. She's nineteen, loves kiwi smoothies, her favorite color is purple. "Purple!" I yelled aloud.

Luckily we're outside. "Wassup. Did you have to yell?"

"Feronda. She gave me as purple liquid. I pour it on paper, read the name, and find out who I need to kill to save Xavier."

"Woah, did you say kill?" Danay asks surprised.

"Yes. I'd do what ever it takes to him alive." I say seriously.

"You're human. You don't feel exactly what he feels for you. So why would you kill?"

"I grew up without a father. I don't want my kid grow up the same way." I massage my stomach and she smiles.

"You're pregnant. You're having the alphas baby!" She was so excited, she was jumping up and down, like I was having her baby or something.

"Shhhhhhh, you're the only person I've told besides him. I don't think he wants anyone to know until after some ceremony."

"Yeah, I probably should've told you, I can't keep a secret, but I will try." She gave me a thumbs and a excited smile.

"C'mon I've killed, you're too innocent. Let's see who it is." Danay is probably the bestest friend ever, and little perky.

We went to her room where she had grabbed a whole sack of paper and handed me like four sheets.

I took the cork off of the little bottle and slowly poured it on the paper. "Marcell de Lacivett."

I look at Danay. "Is that french? Who is she?"

"Yes, and I don't know... but I know who does."

"Who?" She got up and gestured for me to follow.

"He's a elder, his name is Edwen. When I was younger, he'd tell the little wolf pups, stories and adventures from his past hundred years. I remember the name Marcell de Lacivett. That name is the whole reason why I took a interest into French."

"Did you says hundreds!?"

"Uh, yeah. He's a werewolf, they can live for hundreds of years, when I was little he was only about 156 years old, and he looked fifty."

"So when I'm eighty and ugly, Xavier will be eighty and looking twenty."

"No, not really. The symptoms will come later."

"What symptoms?" I ask astound.
"Well, no human is capable of having a werewolf baby and surviving. Therefore a witch created something for her to survive, so the alpha wouldn't lose his mate, or any other mated wolf. But the thing is when ever a human is pregnant with a werewolf they turn into one!!!" She smiled, but the look on my face changed completely.

"What are the symptoms?"

"Well, first you'd get protective over Xavier. Then you're lungs grow and get stronger, and you'll start to growl. Then you're eyes either turn yellow, a lively green, electric blue, or stays brown. After that when you see really good food, you grow canines. Then you get a voice in your head that won't shut up, which is your wolf. Finally you shift, and you're able to have a pup without dying." Danay was so happy by this, I really don't understand someone can be so pretty, and cool.

"How come Xavier didn't tell me this?"

"Perhaps, because you just found out that werewolves actually exists, he probably forgot." She was right, but tonight Xavier and I will talk.

We were walking and when we finally made it to Edwens home, the sun was a almost done setting.

Danay knocked on the door. Seconds later a man in his late forties opened the door. "Hi," I said nicely, "we're looking for Edwen?" I smile half like, and Danay looks at me.

"That is Elder Edwen. Elder Edwen, this is the Alphas human mate, Veronica."

"I kind of figured, come on in." I stepped into his house, and the smell of pineapples filled my nose. "Go ahead, sit." He gestured to the sofa, as he sat in the recliner.

"Elder Edwen, I remember when I was a pup and when you told us you were twenty and Alpha Steven let you take down Marcell de Lacivett, we kind of need your help." Danya sat down as she placed her hands on her knees.

"Marcell da Lacivett, that name brings me back so many memories. Marcell, what help do need with her."

"As you know, Elder Edwen," I start, "Xavier, he's dying. So I went to a old friend of mines, Feronda, she gave me a purple potion in a glass bottle. She said for me to poor a purple potion on a paper, she also said that to save a life you have to take a life. I poored the liquid on the paper and it read Marcell de Lacivett. I have to kill her."

"It'll be simpler, because I stabbed her of her powers. But she does use witch craft."

"Where can we find her?" I ask.

"The Grand Canyon."