36: About Time

(Media Picture of Oscar)
-edited-

Oscar POV:

I've never been so happy for a tow truck to take so long. She said she'd stay until the tow truck arrived, and I swear talking and getting to know Delilah was the best hour and half of my life. She's a natural born leader with the dreams so big that you could only envy her passion, and the way she talks about nature, like she has this plan to save the world and her being a park ranger is only a stepping stool. Her aspirations and her dreams are nothing but admirable. I hate that I couldn't just tell her how wonderful and amazing she was right then and there. It hurt more than anything to see her drive away when my tow arrived.

Xavier and Veronica were happy to hear about it, of course Veronica more so because she was excited to know that there was going to be another human. I had to clarify that it may be a while before she even knows about me being a werewolf or anything, she was upset when I gave the example that it was four years before we even told her, and we only had to tell her because Xavier was dying. She politely retreated as she began to remember how she felt when she first found out.

I've been contemplating texting Delilah, I wanted to text her day and night but I don't want to come off as pushy. Xavier said the door is always open on approaching her or how to, he also claims he did all the calculations when he first met Veronica. I told him I'd pass and figure it out, but with all my overthinking I might end up taking him up on his offer. I mean Veronica is no Delilah, and Xavier and I are nothing alike, I belive his advice may be completely different than what I think I'd need. I mean he had to go back to highschool, my Delilah is a twenty-two years old, with a Bachelors Degree in Zoology, trying to further her education, by being a part-time Park Ranger, no disrespect to them and I love them both but the only thing our situations have in common are mates are human.

I sit my phone down, but after twenty minutes of realizing I was only waiting for her to text me I decide Xavier is my best bet, and to my surprise he was way too happy to hear me ask for help. "So how'd you leave things?" He asks.

"Well she said 'I'll see you some time, make it home safe' and then I said 'you too'." I tell him honestly.

" 'You too'?" He asks.

"Shut up, I was trying not to tell her don't go. So sorry for my lack of creativity." I tell him sarcastically annoyed.

"Well, I think you should call her, if there's no answer then leave her a voicemail and she's likely to get back to you. I know it's hard not being able to say exactly what you want to say or do what you want to do, it will take some time and all this will sound stupid and pointless until there's a moment where you see that she feels about you the same way you feel about her. She gonna know it's love, and whenever you're ready you tell her the truth and pray that it's enough to handle." I love Xavier, he's my bestfriend, but that was actually damn good advice.

Everyone knows being mated to a human is difficult, and the risks fill your nightmare if you think about it too long before going to sleep. Some werewolves are so scared they end up never telling their mate, they leave the pack to become a rogue and live out their life the human way, evidentally they return about thirteen years later with a kid who recently shifted and wants to know more about what they are. In the worst case, for male werewolf, their mate dies during childbirth because they didn't have the right knowledge, back up, or experience to handle the situation. I know that even if I decide months or years to tell her, there's a chance she'll runaway and I'll never see her again.

"What's your brain saying?" Xavier asks.

"Huh?"

"You're making that face, the RBF merged with constipation. It's your 'everyones life on the line' decision making face." I just roll my eyes at him. "Don't overthink, it's like second guessing yourself on test, your gut feeling is typically the right feeling and as Beta you should already know that." I knod silently as I ponder on his remark, I think I know how I'm gonna do it.