29: Second Meeting

-edited-

Xavier POV:

The list wasn't complete until the clock touched 7:32 AM. After V scanned the list she went to bed, she was tired, but I know it was something else she wasn't telling me. I just want her to talk to me. I do know. I went straight to bed when I got the last bit of information and emailed it to Alpha Levi and Alpha Chase, and printed three copies of the packet just in case. I mean, you can never be too thorrow with homework that will determine if you deserve to be alpha or not.

It's currently 11:58 AM, and the next meeting doesn't start until 2 PM so I do have time to spend with my mate.. if she wakes up before my next meeting.

I get in the shower so that when she does wake up she will have to do whatever she wants and take however long she wants to. Although I would prefer her to be in here with me. I love that beautiful girl more than anything, but I still fear one thing-

"Babe you in here?" I hear her voice ask.

I open the shower curtain and smiled at her, smiling wider as she began taking off her rob. I have my hand out for her to grab to help her inside. "Good morning beautiful." I say pecking her lips.

"Good morning." She smiled back at me.

I put my hands on her hips, pulling her closer to me, and noticed as her stomach touches mine, her baby bump is visible. I can't help but smile, the thought of me becoming a father, and finally starting the family I wanted since the day I saw her.

I hug her as I rested my head on her shoulder, embracing, and silently appreciating her. This woman is my everything, and I know I'd protect her til the end of time, because when each and every time I look at her I repeat to myself. I'll protect her til the end of time.

Soon enough we get out the shower and order our breakfast and as we lay in bed I keep my hand on her stomach, something safe and secure for the both of us as she played with my hair.

"I love you so, Veronica." I say without looking at her.

"I know." I feel her lips on my head the sparks followed by an unintentional smile.

I try to resist from looking at the clock. I enjoy every minute of just sitting here spending time with my mate, not having to worry about work.  But I know when I look at the clock it'll be time to go and I'd have to leave her for about an hour or two, just so I can come back and be distracted until night falls.

"Honey, you have to leave in like 10 minutes."

"No I don't." I mumble.

"Get up, and get ready." I look at her with pleading eyes.

"But I want to stay." I whined.

"You know you're responsibilities, Xavier, now take care of them."

I look at my mates beautiful face. "Honey the day I met you, you became my number one responsibility."

She tilted her head and smiled. "That was very cliche of you to say, but get ready, you're down to eight minutes.

I sluggishly roll out of bed as I put some pants over my briefs and a dark gray cru-neck on. I sit as I put on my Tim's.

"I'll be back in a bit." I peck her lips and close the door as she waves her hands at me.

Walking down the hall I see the other Alphas in the distance, I'm probably be a minute late, but I'm sure I won't be noticed.

"Alpha Kadenson." I turn and see an unrecognizable guy. "Remember me? Little Griffin?" He says.