10: Captured

(Media picture of Veronica)
**Peyton List as Veronica**

Original Published Date: 31 March 2017

-edited-

Jace P.O.V

I knock on the door where I found V and Mason. I go ahead and link him so that he knows that I'm about to enter.

I open the door and see V sleeping on the bed and Mason eating potato chips out of the duffel bag.

"We couldn't find the rogues that V saw," I whisper so I wouldn't wake V. "But Jace stepped on a bear trap. Omar has him outside, watching him."

"Alright, lets go get them." He put his chips down and walked with me outside.

We walked around the corner and jotted down the steps. I saw Omar with his arm on Oscar, looking up at the sky.

"Omar!" I yelled, but he didn't move. "Dude we have to get him inside." But he still didn't move. I ran over to him and snapped my fingers but he only looked at me, he didn't move. "Dude stop playing games, let's get him inside." I pushed him, hoping for him to retaliate and lose form but he moved his eyes rapidly and fell over.

"Get the fuck up, Omar!" Mason yelled.

Omar's body instantly fell, but he rushed to his feet and started running towards the motel room. "She's gone!" He yelled. Mason and I ran off quickly, forgetting about Oscar who was limping towards the steps.

"Aw fuck." I groan. Mason and I looked at Omar. "What the hell happened?"

Veronica P.O.V

I sit up straight and try to straighten my back. The bed isn't as hard as I remember, or the room being this dark.

"Good morning." I didn't recognize the voice, and I don't even recognize the place I'm at. Slowly scooting towards the wall I grab ahold of the rock. "You're an early riser."

"Actually I'm not, but uncomfortable bedding makes it hard to stay sleep." I say lousily.

"Well I'm sorry, the Grand Canyon doesn't really have nice beds, or any beds at all. You're lucky if you can find a large rock with barely any ripples." She chuckled as she stirred the spices she poured into a bowl.

Grand? Creepy lady... stirring spices. "Marcell." I whisper, but I'm still heard.

"Oh, yes. What gave me away?" She smiled at me. "I have a proposition for you, and I hope you will accept." I look at her. "I'm like 287 years old, and I know you're driven to kill me the thing is I'm ready to go. I will let you take my life. But! I want to live again, and you're holding a child." She smiled at me before glancing at my stomach.

"What are you thinking." I say, my voice blocked through my gritted teeth.

"I will let you kill me to save your boyfriend if, a piece of me is in your boy." She reached to touch me, but I moved backwards. "It's a small price to pay to say the life of a loved one."

"Is it though?" I ask.

"It is. A boy with a small gift of magic, untraceable. No one will know but me and you. How else will you save... what's his name? Ah, yes, Xavier." I looked deep into her creepy eyes. "Giving a wolf magic is not bad. I will let you think. It's either you kill me or I kill me."