35: New Beginning

(Media picture of Xavier)
-edited-

Xavier POV:

I wake up to my eight-thirty alarm, damnit I'm supposed to deliver a speech in a little over an hour, at least I got four hours sleep, that's better than the two hours I would've gotten. Veronica still sleeps peacfully, as her skin is back to her normal color and she looks blissfully beautiful. I climb out of bed as quietly as possible as I try not to wake her.

"I sure miss waking up to you in our room." I hear her tired voice. As I climb back in bed to kiss her, she stops me to brush the stuble on my face with the back of her hand. "Goodmorning Alpha Handsome." She smiles.

"Goodmorning my beautiful mate." I greet before planting a soft kiss on her lips. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I feel great. I slept like a charm."

"That's wonderful, you went to bed pretty early last night."

"Yea, I wasn't in a partying mood and you were working so I figured to call it a night. Speaking of, what did you do last night? You're all dirty." Fuck I forgot to shower.

"The guys and I played a little football last night to ease our heads."

"That's not how you ease your head, that's how you hurt it." She informs.

"Well after the game I was just so anxious to be by your side I forgot to take a shower." She gives me a half pout, and I hate lying to her, but soon I won't have to lie anymore. "Here baby, why don't you give our son some water." I say opening the bottle to her water.

"Thank you she smiles." She drinks the water and lets out a small breath. "Water tastes better after you've just awaken." She doesn't drink water, unless it's a sparkling water so she's a little confused as to why she likes it.

I finally drink my water, waiting for the everything to go how it should've gone from the beginning. Normal, simplicity.

Oscar POV:

This morining is the most important morning of my life. The research from where I am to where I need to be every minute of today, leading all the way to when I meet Delilah. Even her name is beautiful.

I've learned as little as how far Yelters County is from here, and how fast and how long I need to be driving on that road for the timing to be spot on. I've hardly been able to sleep because how much I've been thinking about making this moment perfect for our future. I've been feeling like something been missing in my life, and I would honestly never mention to anyone.

To be my age and unmated isn't uncommon but to be a beta without a mate at this age is uncommon. It's been driving me into a bad place, like a loss of purpose and will. I didn't realize what it was I was missing so much, until I felt myself grown envy over Xavier having Veronica. Xavier and I were bachelors until he found her, and the way he cared for her made me want to do the same my own mate someday. It's been years since they met and now my mate is waiting for me to find her. To be clear, I never hated Xavier for being happy, I just wished I was as happy as he was, thats all.

I go down to the lot to pick out what car I want to take. I don't want to appear like a rich asshole by taking a super nice car and carelessly hitting a deer, but I want to stand out from any other person she may be helping on a average day. But I also want a car that can handle a deer hit, but leaves some slight damage. I go over towards the truck section, where I choose a nice 2019 all black Silverado Truck. I know it doesn't stand out too bad, but it will be hard to miss.

I grab the keys off the wall and make sure the insurance papers are in the glove compartment. All the cars in the garage is listed as company vehicles, for a lowkey company we run so there's xavier's name on two thirds of them listed as CEO, and the others are mine listed as CFO.

I grab some food from the kitchen before making my hour drive to my mate. I know this is insane, but it's also kismet, and knowing better days are ahead of me only motivates me further.

I hop in the truck and hook up the apple car play as I decide some soft rock music will get me through this drive to another county since we almost border theirs.

With time now reaching 5:07, I know I'm only moments from meeting the love of my life. I begin to slow to the speed limit which is only sixty-five, and with only three minutes before the accident is ready to happen, I seem to be the only car on the road now, and with the thick forest on the outside of the shoulders to my right I see a deer crossing sign, but no deer. With my eyes finally back on the road I hear a horn being blown before I hit something and immediately slammed on my breaks and threw the car into park.

I begin trying to push in the deployed airbag, but give up and put my hazards on before getting out the truck. The car that honked at me was a Park Rangers Chevy Tahoe and its' yellow lights were flashing, but the person still in the car. As I take a look at the front of the truck, the deer was mangled and defnitly at a point of no return. I was so busy thinking he'd come from the right, I didn't think he'd shoot from the left side of the highway.

With the sound of a car door opening I smell the same scent from last night, Lavender and Rasberries.. it's her.

"Hey are you ok sure?" She asks, as she looks up at me, it takes everything in my heart and soul not to just grab her and hold her, but she's human and that would get me a restraining order, not her heart.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My bumper isn't though, and neither is that deer." I laugh lightly.

"Once I saw you looking at the sign I knew you wouldn't see the deer in time. I tried to honk, but that may have done more harm than good." She says as she avoids the blood that hurdles downhill towards us. "Sorry." She apologizes.

"You don't ever have to be sorry." I assure her, but she just gives me an odd look. "It was just a freak accident is all." I panic.

"Well I witnessed this happen so you file a insurance claim and I will call someone to clean this up, unless you want to keep it?" She asks.

"Keep it?" I ask. "It's destroyed."

"Well I can call a Game Warden and tell them what I witnessed which will legally allow you to take it home and make jerky, sauage, grounded deer, whatever you desire." She infroms.

I nod my head as I like the sound of deer jerky. "I think I like that idea. And I think I should get your number?" She looks confused, but yet flattered. "You are a key witness and I'd need to contact you for help when the case reaches my boss and what not. And as an officer I'm sure you need my number to file the incident report, which I would be more than happen to give to you." She knows I'm flirting now, and I don't know maybe I jumped the gun, or maybe she liked that and I didn't scare her away.

She walked off to her car and came back with a paper and clipboard. "This is for the incident report, can you start by giving me your name and phone number." She asks not looking directly at me.

"Oscar Gary Corso. Phone number (405)555-6721." She gives a meek smile.

"Where were you headed?"

Her eyes finally catch mine, and I hold them until she has a slight understanding of what she's feeling right now, the love at first sight that she's likely to be denying, but I want her to know it's ok to feel it because I feel it too. "I don't remember where I was going, but I think I was meant to be right here."