3: Jax

(Media picture of Oscar)
*Alex Esola as Oscar*

-edited-

Veronica POV:

"It's impossible V., he was hit with thirty mililiters of wolf bane. Do you know what that is?" Oscar asks.

"Yes, I do, sadly. It can kill them, but I know someone that's done millions of miracles."

"Has she or he done a miracle with a werewolf?"

"No... I don't know, but do you want him to die or something?" I ask, as the anger in me boiled to a dangerous temperature.

"I don't want him to die," he blew out a deep breath, "I just don't want to give him false hope."

"I don't know my way out of here, and you're going to take me to her." I tell him.

"You can't go anywhere without Omar, Mason, or Jace... does Xavier even know?" He asks.

"A surprise, is called a surprise because you don't know what it is."

"Wait. Omar has a surprise for you."

"What is it?" I ask.

" 'A surprise is called a surprise because you don't know what it is'." He mimicked me.

We started walking down the hall as everyone grabbed a glimpse of me. I just waved and said hi. "You're awfully confident." Oscar tells me.

"I don't have any reason to doubt anybo-" I felt something cold and wet on my head. Then I felt cubes hit my head as I saw the liquid drip onto my clothes.

I heard gasps, and turned around and saw a girl holding a glass cup. She had a toothpick umbrella and put it in my head. "I guess humans don't have good senses." She smiled, as her posse laughed.

The liquid got into my mouth and it was a smoothie. I flip my hair back and wipe me face. "I guess bitches really do snoop down low." She gasped and I heard some others laugh.

"Is there something you want to say?" She asks.

"Leave her alone, Cara, that's Veronica, the alphas mate." It was some girl.

She dropped her glass with a shocked expression. "I'm so sorry, I thought you were Oscars mate." She took off her fabric blue jacket and tried to dry my hair." I look at Oscar, and he just stood there, and shrugged. "Are you not going to apologize to me back?" The girl who I learned the name of is, Cara.

"No. Even if I was his or wasn't his mate, that's still low." I show her my hair, and the cut up blueberries that's stuck to it.

"I guess." Was all she said before walking away.

Next thing I know is Jace, Mason, and Omar running my way.

"What's the hold up?" Jace asks.

"Oh, uh... Cara." Oscar says pointing to my hair.

He nodded, his head not say anything else.

We started walking when I saw him, I saw Jax. I dropped to my knees on the green grass. He's gotten so big. I grab his big head and start to scratch all around him and he started patting his tail on the ground. "Hey, Jax." I look up at them with a bright smile, and they returned it. "How'd you find him?" I ask as I kiss his long while snout.

"He's a werewolf, Veronica." I look at Jax, then at Oscar.

"Well that sucks. Now, Xavier will never let me hang out with him." I frown and stand up. I scratch the top of his head as his ear came down and nose came up. Then it hits me. "Xavier must've told you to stay away from me, am I right?" He looks down, and the boys looked away.

"You're smart." I look at Omar.

"Not smart, it was common sense. He's a werewolf, Xavier is the Alpha, and after he met Xavier, I never saw him again." I sighed and stood on one hip.

Omar gave Jax a pair of pants. Jax grabbed it and jotted behind a tree. "His name is Dyce, but his wolf's name is Jax."

"Dyce, as in dice?" I ask.

"Yes, but with a 'y'." I turned around, and he had his hand out. I hesitantly grab his hand and shake it.

I look at Oscar. "I'm used to seeing him as a wolf." They all chuckled, and I instantly remembered.

"We have to go to Feronda."