Part 3

*In the view of Juliet*
I ran. The only thing I knew how to do. I stumbled down the front steps and ran toward the closest patch of trees I could see. When I was little, and in Virginia, I used to climb my one favorite tree when I was little. So I found a sturdy, tall tree and climbed to the very top, letting myself cry. I had been here for 2 days. 48 hours, that had been the craziest and best of my life. But I had been naive and fell head over heels for a famous Swedish boy who I'd only met in person 2 days ago. My mind was racing and I couldn't stop thinking about Felix. Did he really mean to say 'I love you?' My brain was telling me he meant whoever his new girlfriend was.
"Juliet?" A familiar voice yelled from below me. Omar stood at the edge of the woods, scanning the forest to see if he saw me. I knew they'd be really worried soon so I decided to blow my cover, knowing that a further talk with my now ex boyfriend would ensue.
"Omar."
I said, making my way down the tree. Out of all of the boys, he was the only one I was willing and had hoped to talk to. He looked at my face and his frown got bigger.
"Come here" he said, pulling him close to me and sitting on the ground.
"Management wants him to 'date' a famous girl because it'd be good for us to get more opportunities." Omar rubbed my arm, feeling my breathing getting heavy as I prepared to throw my feelings at him.
"How could he do this to me? We've only just met, but I feel like I've known him for eternity and I fell so hard for him."
I sobbed, burying my face into his shirt, breathing in his cologne.
"You need to talk to him." He picked me up, my muscles weak from exhaustion, surprisingly. I had worn myself out worrying and thinking I had done something wrong, and along with crying, it wasn't a good mix. We reached the house and I paused, collected myself, and turned the doorknob leading into the boys house. Inside, I couldn't help but notice the awkward silence that washed over the room. Only OG and Oscar sat in the living room. They looked at me, noticing I had been crying.
"He in your room." OG said softly, patting my back as I walked by them. I stopped outside of Felix's door, listening to soft sobs coming from inside. I cracked the door and found Felix face down on his bed. I sat nervously next to him, watching him slightly move his hands and peer at me through his fingers. His hand reached out for mine, his fingers pushing on mine. I hesitated before letting our fingers intertwine.
"I said no." Felix lifted his head and looked at me, his eyes still red.
"To what?" I asked him. I felt him squeeze my hand and run his thumb in small circles.
"To management. I said I already had a girlfriend. And that I loved her and they couldn't change that."
My mouth hung open at what he had just said. Why hadn't he just come out and- and then I realized why. I had been so upset, I hadn't let him finish talking. In that moment I felt aweful, knowing the whole situation we were in could've been avoided if I had listened.
"Felix I'm so sorry." I whispered, laying backwards onto the bed, him joining me.
"It's okay. I knew you'd be mad, but I didn't expect you'd break up with me." His voice was low and husky, sad.
"Can we pretend that never happened?" I asked him, cuddling into him.
"I didn't let you finish talking" I whispered in his ear.
"And I'm so sorry, babe" I kissed him gently, him kissing me back. And I knew that by tomorrow, things would be back to normal.