Chapter Fifty Eight | Parental Approval

Seeing Anne and Gemma later that night made me want to pull my hair out. I became self conscious about every mannerism I had.

What if I talked too much? What if I was annoying to them? What would they do then?

I was happy to hear that I would be able to talk as much as I liked, because a girl like me surely didn't like to hold her tongue. But still. It was nerve wracking.

After we parked outside of Anne's home, Harry turned to me and gripped my chin. He kissed me sweetly before saying, "You look beautiful. They both will love you."

I smiled at his compliment. "Thank you."

Soon, we were outside of his car and walking up a pebble-stone pathway. I inhaled deeply, trying to calm down my nerves.

Just be yourself.

Everything's going to be fine.

Seconds after ringing the doorbell, the door swung open. Anne stood in front me, looking a bit flustered, with an apron wrapped around her.

Her green eyes widened, face strikingly similar to her sons, when her gaze landed on me. "Oh!" She exclaimed, reaching for me without a second thought. "I'm running a bit behind, my dears." She explained. She pulled me into a hug: "Mia, it's so nice to finally meet you."

I wrapped my arms around her in surprise. "You too."

When she pulled away, she cupped my cheeks. "Oh my. And you're so pretty." She grinned, turning to her son. "I like this one."

Harry blushed. "Mum," he warned, clearly embarrassed.

"Stop being bashful. It's a compliment. Now come over here and hug your mum."

His blush deepened as he bent down and embraced her. She whispered a few things to him, patting his back affectionately, before I heard him murmur, "Missed you too."

Then Anne was grabbing my hand, dragging us further into her house.

We headed towards the kitchen. She was icing a cake as we spoke, seeming to be a bit frantic.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." Harry stated.

"Good. Leave us to it then," His mom waved him off. "Time for girl talk."

Harry frowned, clearly not happy with the fact that his mom had stolen me away. But he didn't say anything, simply turning around and walking out of the kitchen.

Anne rolled her eyes. "He's a dramatic one, isn't he?"

I laughed, taking off my jacket while doing so. "It endearing."

"That is true." She agreed. "I'm so sorry by the way. Gemma is running late. Today has been so busy."

I grinned. "It's alright."

She set the cake in the fridge, before turning to me. "I meant to comment on your dress before. It's lovely! Where did you..." Her gaze lingered on my arm, causing me to look down. Then I froze, realizing what had her stunned.

"Oh," I breathed.

"Um," She tore her gaze away. "I'm sorry. I..."