Chapter Thirty Four | Home Depot, Pop, And Bundt Cake

Sadie was great.

I think that was something I would forever have engrained in my mind. Over the course of these past few months, we hung out occasionally. It wasn't too often because she happened to be a model; therefore, she had to travel for shoots and whatnot.

But whenever she was home, she always fit me into her schedule, and I appreciated it.

During the times we hung out, I never introduced her to Alice. I couldn't understand why they never got a chance to meet each other, because they were the only two women in my life that I considered my friends.

I talked about Sadie well enough for Alice to know everything about her, and I talked about Alice well enough for Sadie to know everything about her. So they indirectly knew each other without knowing each other. However, the inevitable meeting finally happened one Friday evening in the cool spring weather of April. It had been a week since Harry confirmed his flight ticket with me, and we were going over to Sadie's house before driving to the airport to pick him up.

I arrived at Sadie's studio fairly quickly. It was a luxurious apartment that I had visited a few times before.

I fought the smile off of my face as Alice's eyes widened, face paling slightly when she spied Sadie waving from her door. "That's her?"

I nodded, stifling a laugh as we climbed out of the car. "Yep."

"Mia, you didn't tell me she looked like that."

"Like what?"

"Like..." She smacked my arm when I began to snicker. "Oh shut up! You know what I mean."

"Mhm," I hummed teasingly, wiggling my eyebrows.

Of course I knew what she meant. I had been down this rodeo with Sadie months ago. She was gorgeous-everything about her. And unbelievingly so, her personality was just a wonderful as her appearance.

Alice gripped my hand as we walked up the front lawn. Sadie stepped out of her apartment a little bit more, glancing at Alice curiously before traveling down to our interlocked hands. Finally, her gaze rested on me, a warm smile spreading across her face.

Once we made it to her door, she embraced me tightly.

"It's been so long." Sadie sighed. I returned the hug, wrapping my arms around her shoulders as I stood on the tips of my toes.

"Not that long. Just a few weeks." I joked, but I still understood what she was saying. It felt like eons.

"Harry told me you haven't been doing well," She muttered, lips brushing against my ear. "You should have called me. You know I'm always here for you."

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

We finally pulled away, gripping each other's forearms as we grinned at one another. I noticed that her hair had gotten longer and that she seemed to be a bit heavier than before. But she looked the same for the most part.

I tore my gaze away from her, noticing Alice standing beside us awkwardly. She had her arms crossed around her frame, pointedly looking everywhere but at us with a rosy blush on her cheeks.

"This is Alice," I spoke, gesturing towards my best-friend. "Alice this is-"

"Sadie Kepler." Sadie interrupted.

Alice blinked in surprise, eyes widening slightly. "Nice to meet you."

That caused Sadie to break out into a breathtaking grin. She wet her lips, reaching out to shake Alice's hand. "Likewise!"

I cleared my throat, gesturing for all of us to step inside.

"Oh, right." Sadie laughed, shaking her head as she tore her gaze away from Alice. "Sorry...come in!" Then she stepped aside, allowing us to walk into her apartment before she closed the door.

I caught the way Sadie's gaze lingered on Alice as she stepped passed her. I raised an eyebrow, feeling my suspicions rising as more time went on, but I kept my mouth closed, deciding that it was none of my business.

"This is so nice." Alice complimented. She sounded impressed. She was always intrigued with interior design.

"Thank you! It's all pretty much from Home Depot."

"You're kidding."

"I'm serious," Sadie grinned. "Very cost effective."

Alice began to admire the place as Sadie clapped her hands, turning towards me.

"Do you want some pop? I've got the Bundt cake in the oven as we speak!"