Chapter Thirty Five | First Time

Waiting in the airport was unfamiliar.

I never grew up with close relations to people; therefore, I didn't get to experience the excitement you felt as you waited for a beloved one.

But I was definitely feeling it now. And I loved that my first time experiencing this was because of Harry.

My chest fluttered at the thought of him flying out here solely to see me.

I knew that he established wanting to be my friend months ago. It felt nice to have someone's attention; to know that he wanted to know me just the same amount that I did with him.

"You excited?" Alice asked, faced flushed and expression frazzled. We had to get through a shit ton of paparazzi. They were outside and crowding around all entrances.

But I was having a separate reaction from her. If anything, my adrenaline was skyrocketing through my veins. I was practically jumping out of my skin, biting my lip anxiously as I burned holes into the terminal gate.

"Mia? Hello? Earth to Mia?" Alice cleared her throat, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Harry." She smirked. "Are you excited to see him?"

"How could I not be?" What was taking so long?

"You look like you're about to shit yourself." Alice snickered.

Sadie sighed, frowning slightly as she checked her phone. "The passengers should've been released by now."

I didn't understand what was taking so long. The plane had already landed, yet here we were, standing in front of an empty terminal.

It felt like ages before the gate bursted open. People began walking out in a rush with impatient expressions on their faces. But despite the buzz, I was still able to spot that familiar mop of curls.

He was strutting briskly towards us, a tan briefcase in his hands as his carry-on bag. Harry looked good even in airport clothes. He was wearing black joggers and a white t-shirt that hugged his muscular frame perfectly. His curls were tousled and longer than I remembered, stubble apparent on his face along with a slight tan.

I broke out into a grin the moment I met his emerald eyes. Before I knew it, my legs were forcing me towards him. His gaze lingered on my face before trailing up and down my figure.

"Mia Fuller!" He greeted, rosy lips stretching into a cheeky grin. My breath hitched at the sight of his dimples-at the sound of my name falling from his tongue and the way his gaze never strayed from me.

Within seconds I was jumping into his arms. "In the flesh and blood!" I laughed. "I missed you so much."

He seemed taken aback by my sudden embrace, but tightened his arms around me nonetheless. I could feel his stubble tickling my cheek and his cool breath fanned my face.

I took advantage of this moment, deeply inhaling his masculine cologne. He smelled so good.

It was hard trying not to focus on the feeling of his muscles against my skin. Harry was an incredibly fit person. He was broad in every sense-muscular just the right amount, with golden skin inked with tattoos. He was exceptionally good looking now. He had a bit more muscle to him, face more angular and defined, hair more prevalent on his body; a true masterpiece.

I could stay in his arms forever if I truly wanted. But I knew that we still had to face the paparazzi in order to leave the airport. So, unfortunately, I had to pull away from him.

My cheeks were hurting as I glanced up at him. It was official; my face would break if I kept smiling at him like this. But I couldn't help it. I was happy.

He made me happy.

I watched him hug Alice and Sadie, talking to them cheerily as we waited for his bodyguards to arrive. Sadie did most of the talking; chatting with him about everything and nothing at all while Alice and I happily listened. I'm pretty sure the both of us had no idea what Sadie was saying. I was too busy staring at Harry, and Alice was too busy doing the same to Sadie.

Harry caught my stare mid-conversation, smiling softly as I looked away. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, holding me to his side as he continued to talk to Sadie.

Then, we were heading to baggage claim, grabbing Harry's luggage under the protection of his bodyguards.

"You should call Lambert." Harry suggested.

Sadie pursed her lips, "You think he'd say yes?"

"Of course he would! One of the best stylists I know."

Sadie hesitated and then: "But does he work with plus-sized models?"

"He works with anyone, Sades. He's not going to judge. I can put in a good word for you."

That caused her eyes to light up, features morphing into content. "Thanks, Harry."