Chapter Twenty Five | Sadie

"This is Sadie. Sadie, this is-"

"Mia Fuller," The ginger smiled, interrupting Harry. "Nice to finally meet you."

I grinned as she reached forward, pulling me into an embrace. I was pleasantly surprised, considering we had never met before. Nonetheless, I hugged her back.

When she pulled away, I realized how strikingly beautiful she was. This was the girl that Harry had mentioned a few times before, but what he failed to bring up was her features.

She was dressed in high waisted jeans and a t-shirt, which flattered her curves. I made a mental note to ask her about her pants later. They seemed simple to anyone else, but jeans were quite hard to find for heavier girls—flattering ones, at that. I was always wearing ones that Alice gifted to me, because they were the only size 14 jeans that fit me without being tight in certain areas and baggy in others.

I forced myself to pull my gaze away from her figure, feeling my cheeks heat up. She was beautiful; face angular, eyes hooded, and cheekbones sharp.

"So, you're the girl that the whole world was going on about." Sadie stated, pulling me out of my reverie.

"Well, I don't know about the whole world, but..."

She grinned. "You saved this knuckleheads' life, Mia. So you'll be the talk of the town for a while." She wrapped her arms around Harry's shoulders, which seemed uncomfortable for him since he was much taller than her.

I giggled as he threw her a side glance, feigning irritation since he was hunched over awkwardly.

"Harry speaks about you constantly." She added, grin widening. "You're quite the anomaly."

The tips of Harry's ears turned red as he glared at her, lips pursing together in disapproval.

But Sadie remained unbothered.

"Good things, I hope," was my reply. I caught his gaze a few seconds later. I tried to shoot him a genial smile; to wipe that expression off of his face.

It seemed to do the trick.

"Great things." Sadie corrected. "I'm so glad you showed up. He was pulling his hair out, worrying that you wouldn't make it."

I raised my eyebrows, surprised but pleased.

"Sadie," Harry breathed, not doing well to hide his discomfort. He shot her a warning glance, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Oh, I'm just messing with you." She laughed. "You're a trip, Harry. You know that?"

His anger seemed to dissolve fast, because it wasn't long before he was fighting off an amused grin. "Mhm," He mumbled, unconvincingly.

"Did you eat?" Sadie asked, turning her attention towards me. "Let's get some food in you." She interlocked her arm with mine, already pulling me away from Harry. He tried to come along, but she quickly dismissed him. "Go away, H. This is girl time."

"What?" He whined. "I've barely seen her today."

"Shouldn't you be at soundcheck?"

By the look on Harry's face, it seemed like Sadie was right. He huffed, faking his disappointment in a dramatic yet completely adorable manner. "Fine." He grumbled, placing his hand on his hips like a two-year-old. I tried to hide my amusement at his tantrum but a few giggles slipped.

"I'll let you get away with it, just this once." He continued, wagging his finger at her. "But the minute I'm done with soundcheck, she's mine."

"Mhm."

"I'm serious, Sadie. The very minute!"

"Yeah, yeah. You snooze, you loose."

Before he could saying anything else, Sadie was pulling us away from him and towards a table filled with food. I glanced over my shoulder, only to catch Harry staring after me with a gentle smile. Once I caught his eye, I waved quickly, replaying the last five minutes in my mind with content.

"You like pop, right?" Sadie asked. I snapped my gaze towards her, noticing that she was pointing to a case of Orange Crush.

"I love pop!" I grinned.

"Good. And butter cake?"

My eyes widened at the mention of it. "Count me in."