Chapter Forty Four | "Lip Care Is Important, You Know?"

My last boyfriend was a year ago. We lasted for three months. He met my family, saw how complicated they were and broke up with me a few days later through text.

I couldn't say that I was particularly sad. I hadn't become extensively attached to my exes, not like I was with Harry.

Therefore, it had been a long time since I experienced everything that came with a relationship; the cuddles, hugs and soft smiles. It had all felt foreign to me at this point. But I was beginning to feel that again with Harry, and it was amazing.

The moment we got into his Dodge truck, he reached over to hold my left hand. He gripped the steering wheel loosely with the other, humming along to a Jeff Buckley ballad that was playing on the stereo.

"I love this song." I murmured, a small smile stretching across my face.

Harry looked over, features morphed into adoration. "You do?" He grinned.

"Yeah." I relaxed more in my seat, watching as the cars flew by us.

Eventually, we arrived at our destination. I had a feeling that we were a little late. When I glanced at my phone, I noticed that Sadie and Alice left me some text messages.

"When were we supposed to be here?" I asked, turning to Harry as he took the keys out of the ignition.

"Over an hour ago."

My eyes widened. "You do realize how much shit they're gonna give us?"

He cracked a smile, winking at me. "We could have not shown up at all. They'll get over it."

"But, we're late." I mumbled. He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Fashionably late." He corrected. "They'll live."

I noticed that he was looking at me in an odd way.

"Do I have a cow on my face?" I blurted out.

"No?"

"Oh." I paused. Then, "Why're you looking at me like that?"

"Because I want to kiss you."

"Oh."

He raised an eyebrow, finding amusement in this situation. My mouth began to pool with saliva, and I had to gulp a little louder than necessary.

The nerves were building in my stomach at an alarming rate.

He wants to kiss me.

Harry wants to kiss me.

I tried not to think about the kisses I had shared with men in the past. But I felt a small twinge of embarrassment at the thought.

"Well, just as a heads up, I haven't kissed anyone in a while, so it may not be as good as your previous, uh...smooches."

"Smooches?"

"...I mean, I've kissed before, don't get me wrong. But that was almost a year ago and he was totally a tongue dude-he just liked the tongue action, you know? He always shoved his tongue so far down my throat, I could practically feel it poking out of my ass. He was such a tonsil sweeper. That guy was...something else-I'll tell you that. But-"