Chapter Nineteen | Elevators Are The Enemies

Minutes later, our food finally arrived, silencing the hush at our table. Everyone thanked me for their dinner before pigging out.

I smiled fondly, simply happy that I was able to give them a night like this.

Halfway through my food, there was a loud uproar of laughter. I looked to my right, spying Harry cackling along with his friends, face completely filled with joy.

I smiled at the sight, reaching for my phone instinctively and clicking on the Twitter icon. It was an app that I had become incredibly familiar with over the span of these last few days.

Harry was the last person that I private messaged, making it easier for me to navigate our texts.

@MiaFuller
Hello Harry.
I don't mean this in a creepy way, but I'm eating in the same restaurant as you. I took my dance students here to treat them to dinner. They're enamored with you.

You look very happy.
I'm glad that you are.
Enjoy the the rest of your night :)

It looked like cellphones were the last thing that he was worried about, so it would be too late once he saw the message. I would probably be in bed and winding down for the day before he replied. But I figured it was worth a try.

"Did you text him?" Fiona asked, peering over my shoulder nosily.

I locked my phone and set it on the table. "Maybe."

That caused her to frown. "Maybe?"

I let her question linger in the air, turning my attention back to my food before it became cold.

But then my phone dinged, causing my muscles to tense at the sound.

Everyone else hadn't noticed, simply chatting with each other and enjoying whatever over-priced meal they had ordered.

But I noticed.

And it made my heart skip a beat as I reached for my phone, not able to fight the grin off my face when I realized that he messaged me back.

@Harry_Styles
Have you already left?
All this time and you haven't come to talk, Mia? Am I really such bad company?

I bit the inside of my cheek, exhaling softly.

@MiaFuller
I didn't want to be a bother! I have my entire dance class with me and I don't think I'd be able to slip away without them wanting to tag along.

He read it instantly.

@Harry_Styles
Never a bother.
Where are you? I can come to you.

I glanced up from my screen, feeling my heart stop. He was looking around the restaurant now, attempting to do it in a discreet manner. Then I glanced at my students, debating internally in my head. I guess it was worth a try.

@MiaFuller
We're seated on the other side of the restaurant, way at the back by the restrooms.

I picked my nails nervously, setting my phone down as I waited for a reply.

But he didn't give me one.