Chapter Three | Concert Adrenaline

"I can't believe we're seeing Harry fucking Styles!" Alice breathed, shaking her head in disbelief.

I laughed in amusement, observing the way that she flipped down the passenger mirror to check her reflection. She had taken entirely too long to get ready for the concert tonight: wearing a red blouse that showed just the right amount of cleavage, a black skirt and heeled loafers. Her hair was straightened and pinned up in a high ponytail, face painted expertly with makeup and skin lingering with mouth-watering perfume. Alice had put effort into her outfit-as if she was going on a date with Harry that didn't consist of a stadium full of other people.

Maybe if I wasn't so goddamn tired, then I would have been able to do the same. But I was exhausted from waking up through all hours of the previous night, having to nurse Aiden back to health from a deathly fever. Thankfully, I didn't have work today but my father hadn't come home until morning time-shiftfaced drunk with a black eye and only wearing half of the clothes that he left with. So after fixing him up and making sure that he was sound asleep in his bed, I went in to cover his shift at the record store, making sure that all his employees had showed up to work and were staying on task.

Now, it was almost 6 in the evening and we were on our way to the concert. I was sporting a pair of jeans, an old Harry Styles tee and a jacket. My feet had been aching all day so tennis shoes it was. But in a way, I was happy to be dressed comfortably. Not only was it cold tonight, but we had also received tickets for a pit section-which meant 'no' to seats and 'yay' for standing.

Nervously, I chewed on my gum, tapping my hands against the steering wheel. "I can't believe this is happening."

"Me neither," Alice muttered. She pulled a ziplock bag out of her purse, displaying a perfectly rolled blunt and a lighter that she probably stashed away for this night specifically. "Might've said this before but I love your students."

That caused me to snicker as she brung the rolled paper to her red lips, pursing them in a way that it wouldn't mess with her lipstick.

"Remind me to marry you if we're still single by 40," She rambled on, winking at me. "Want some?" She added, handing me the rolled paper.

I declined politely, too anxious on finding a parking spot.

Because just like I expected, it was packed.

We ended up finding a spot just as someone was leaving, which was great on our behalf because I was almost certain that we'd have to park at another building.

The second I stepped out of my car, I instantly could feel an adrenaline rush. In the distance, I was able to make out mobs of people; numerous tents being put away from dedicated fans who camped out the previous night.

"This is going to be the best night ever!" Alice squealed, jumping up and down. She grasped my arm, pulling me along with her to the towering Arena.

Despite feeling as if my limb was being ripped off, I giggled along with her, not able to help but join her in the fangirling.

This was going to be the best night ever.

I had never had the chance to do something like this, nevertheless the money so I was adamant about remembering this night for the rest of my life. A charged camera was stashed away in my fannypack, along with other essentials such as gum and lip balm. I even brought earplugs, just incase the cheering became too much to bear. But I doubt I'd actually need them-there was no way that I'd miss a chance to hear Harry sing live.

"Oh, look! Let's go over there!" Alice pointed at a group of girls who had on identical Harry Styles sweatshirts. "...Make some new friends."

Despite my apprehension, I allowed Alice to drag me along, deciding that I might as well make the most of tonight.

It was a Harry Styles concert, after all. How could I turn down an opportunity to meet people with exceptional taste in music?