Chapter Fifty Two | The Art Of Seduction

I didn't know much about seducing men. It didn't take much to get any of my exes in bed because they were horn dogs that never stopped thinking about sex.

However, it was the complete opposite with Harry.

I chalked it up to his gentleman-like ways. Thanks to Anne, he was the definition of a perfect man. Even his flaws were endearing.

I wanted to believe that Harry turned me down on purpose. For days I'd been trying to seduce him, and each attempt would fail. To make it worse, he was officially staying at my apartment, which meant that I saw him all the time without being able to touch him the way that I desired.

After a coffee date with Alice this morning, I finally had the guts to take matters into my own hands. I didn't think that I would be able to wait any longer.

"Take the initiative! Make him beg," Alice suggested, sipping her frappé.

"Do guys even like when girls do that?"

"Are you kidding?" She nearly choked on her drink. "You're a strong independent young woman. If it doesn't turn him on, then he doesn't deserve you."

So here I was, buying loads of tasteful lingerie in Victoria's Secret. I decided to buy new body care items in addition, because I wanted my scent, within itself, to drive him mad. But I wasn't exactly sure how to go about this. I couldn't understand why I felt so embarrassed. Girls did this for their partners all the time! It should feel fun and empowering, not shameful.

As I stepped up to the cash register and paid for everything, it took all of my will not to turn around and put everything back.

My hands drummed against the steering wheel as I headed back home. Harry was out with some friends today at a local recording studio. He seemed vague about whatever song he was writing, and I was too busy trying to get into his pants to care. But I knew that he would be back soon, especially considering the fact that the sun was setting. So I hurried home as fast as I could.

Once I reached my bathroom, I jumped into the shower. It took longer than usual, since I decided to shave every inch of my skin, as well as deep conditioned my hair. By the time I stepped out of the water and checked my phone, 45 minutes had passed.

"Shit." I mumbled.

Quickly, I dried off and slathered my body in lotion. I sprayed perfume and slipped on one of the skimpier pieces I'd just bought. It was black, with loads of lace, a body harness and garner belt. My eyes widened as I observed myself in the mirror.

I had to restrain myself from taking it off. This was definitely something that was only meant for Harry.

"Okay, Mia. You can do this." I muttered, staring at myself in the mirror. This would be fine. Everything would be fine.

I sighed shakily, before focusing on my face. Harry always preferred me without makeup so I didn't apply anything. I combed my eyebrows with brow gel before applying oil to my eyelashes, and sealing my lips with shea butter. Once my hair was dry, I pulled out my curling iron and applied loose curls. Time seemed to drag on too fast, and soon enough, I was painting my nails a Jade green color. Harry commented on it a few weeks ago and said that it made my skin look nice, so I decided to wear it specifically for him.

I ordered Chinese takeout from his favorite restaurant before slipping on one of his t-shirts.

I tried to distract myself from the fact that I was wearing nothing but a burlesque lingerie set. This was what girlfriends did right? It was completely okay to surprise him?