Chapter Sixteen | A proper slide in the DMs

I went viral without even knowing.

The internet had been talking about me for nearly a month.

I remember Harry mentioning it briefly during one of his hospital visits but I thought he was simply being polite.

Little did I know, he was telling the complete truth.

My twitter account had two thousand more followers than Instagram and I didn't even bother touching my Facebook.

Telling Alice was my first reaction. After leaving the studio, I made my way over to her apartment, breaking the news to her as we ate Chinese takeout on her couch.

But to my surprise, she knew about this all along.

"Are you just now finding this out?" She laughed, eyes widening in disbelief. "Eveytime I log onto my stan account, there's someone talking about you, Mia. The stan community loves you." She snickered. "They think you're a goddess or something for saving Harry's life like that."

I didn't know what to say, completely dumbfounded by the news.

I knew that Alice was heavily involved in what they called the 'stan' community. I wasn't a part of it but I did applaud anyone that was. If there was a way to become a detective without getting the schooling for it, I'm sure that all you had to do was become a stan. These people knew how to find their information.

"I can't believe all of this is happening," I mumbled, running a hand through my hair. In that moment, I allowed myself to wonder what Harry could possibly be doing.

I knew that he was getting ready to perform his next show, whatever that consisted of. Since he delayed his tour, he was just now starting to perform his concerts again. I was keeping tabs on him here and there but I never tried to think about him more than that. I was currently trying to move on with my life, because the more I let him invade my thoughts, the more I wondered what it would be like to have another conversation with him. To have a interaction in a normal environment without the watchful gazes of a nurse.

I wondered what it would be like to merely coexist in the same room as him, bonding over coffee and having him talk to me simply because he wants to and not because he feels obligated to. I was fortunate to have been able to converse with Harry-more than once, might I add. I had interactions with him that thousands of people dreamed of having.

But it still made me wonder...if I wasn't the girl that saved his life, if he didn't feel obligated to let me know how grateful he was; would he still be interested in having a conversation with me?

Maybe I was thinking too deeply about things. I often over-analyzed more than I liked to admit.

My phone dinged, pulling me out of my thoughts. I had managed to turn on my post notifications with the help of Jenna and Max. I didn't want anymore surprises like I had today.

Clicking on my Twitter app, my eyes widened at my mentions.

I had uploaded the pictures that I took earlier with my students. There were hundreds of comments from people that I had never met, people that I'd never spoken to.

But one stood out the most.

It was a simple post, one that stated: Should you be dancing so soon, Mia? Then the question was followed up with, Hope your recovery is going well by the way. Best of wishes. H