Chapter Twenty Three | His Enigma

"Did you not drive here?" I asked, frowning as I leaned against my car.

"No." Harry looked down sheepishly, running a hand through his hair. "Sadie dropped me off."

Before I could think straight, I blurted out, "I can take you home."

"That's okay. I wouldn't want to impose."

"You're not!" I objected. "I want to. Really."

He gazed at me for a few minutes, gnawing on the inside of his cheek, "Why are you so kind to me, Mia?"

I blinked in surprise. "You're kind too."

He opened his mouth to say something else but I cut him off.

"Oh! You have something right...here..." I reached forward, brushing a few specs of lint off of his cheek. I had a tendency to become side-tracked easily. "Sorry," I laughed, realizing what I just did. "A habit of mine."

He raised an eyebrow, lips tugging up in amusement. "It's okay."

I hummed lazily, knuckling my eyes. I didn't want to admit it, but I was tired. I forgot how much energy it took to socialize. "What were you saying before, Harry? I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." He chuckled. "I forgot anyways."

He was staring at me as I pulled my scrunchie off of my wrist. I brushed my hair into a messy bun, shivering as the wind began to pick up.

"It's cold." I mumbles. "Let's get in the car. You can tell me the address as we warm up."

"You don't have to..." He objected, trailing off.

"Are you trying to get rid of me, Harry?" I smiled, hoping that I wasn't right. But who knows? Maybe he was. "I don't mind driving you. It'll save your friend the extra trip anyways."

"No, it's not that." He breathed, laughing softly. "I feel like I already owe you so much. I don't know how many more favors of yours I can accept."

I rolled my eyes. "Just get in the car, Harry."

Before he could say anything else, I opened my car door, sliding into the drivers seat. Seconds later, he joined me, inspecting my interior as I turned the ignition.

"Music?" I asked. Then I opened up my armrest, which contained a shitload of CD's that I liked to collect. Harry's eyes widened as I showed him.

"Woah," He raised an eyebrow, clearly impressed. "I didn't know there were people who still listened to CD's nowadays."

That caused me to laugh. Just to pull his leg, I grabbed the most visible one, enjoying the shock written across his features. It was his latest album.

"I forget that I have my own CD's." He admitted, growing intrigued. He took it from my hand, inspecting the cover with the curiosity of a little boy. "Wait until my mum gets a load of this."

I giggled. "Does it surprise you that much?"

"Yes."

I shook my head in amusement, settling on a Carole King CD and securing my seatbelt. I waited until Harry did the same, before backing out of my parking spot, completely surprised that we almost spent our entire day at a bakery.