chap 1

-

-

-

-

-

𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚

Ugh. Mondays. I honestly dread them. But hey one more year in highschool and uni here I come.

In an attempt to get out of bed I land on the floor. Face down. "What is that stupid noise?!"

I reach for my phone and check the time. All of a sudden a bunch of energy flowed through me when u realized I have 20 minutes before I need to leave."Oh shit."

I quickly shower and brush my teeth then run to my closet.

"Lets seeee....what to wear. what to wear. nope too slutty. too cozy" After a few minutes of searching. I put on a black tank top and kaki shorts. Than pair it with a black belt and bag and a few pieces of jewelry. "ah this should do." *ping*

𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖎<3

𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝖒𝖊

𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 ;)

(sage outfit^^)

"Bye hun have a good day". My mom screams as I run out the door. "Heyy" "Heyy" I say as I get in her Audi r8. Imanis' parents have money. Like money, money. They're like some big shot ceo's in the city.

"Sooo any new boyfriends or girlfriends in your life" she says as she starts to drive off. "Nope, and I don't need one" she's like obsessed with my love life she's always trying to hook me up with someone. I don't need anyone, chris evans and I are doing just fine.

"What about you though"

"Nope, nothing serious with me but I've been talking to this boy that goes to NYU, and omg when I tell you he is fine I mean that man is fine!" She starts to go on and on about how cute he is but the radio slowly drowns her out.

10 minutes later we finally reached Manhattan h
Highschool of the Arts. We quickly hop out the car in an attempt to make the first period on time. I try to keep up with Imani but she slowly gets lost in the crowd.

Imani is pretty popular. I think it's the money and her good looks that gets her up on the highschool social hierarchy. I'm not one for popularity. Granted some people know who I am but they don't really pay me any mind and I'm okay with that, big crowds make my anxious anyway.

First period. History. I pass all my classes with flying colors but I still really hate school. More so because of the students rather than the work load or teachers.

-

-

-

-

-

Morning classes passed by pretty quickly. The quicker I got home the better. My mouth was practically drooling at the thought of my mom's griot and pikiliz.

"Sage! Over here" I walked toward where Imani was sitting. She was with a few other people I didn't know. "Hey" they all said. "Hi," I said lowly. "Sooo are you guys coming to the party later?" One of the girls who I came to learn was named Trish asked. "What party?" I asked. "Jakes having a party at his house tonight" Imani jumped in. "Uhh I don't know I have to study"

"Oh come on you barely go out and maybe you can find yourself a boo thing or whatever"

"Ugh fine". I quickly gave in, I knew she was somehow going to convince me anyways so it wasn't worth the back and forth. "Yesss okay I will pick you girls up at 8" Trish said.

I'm in for one hell of a night.

𝘢/𝘯

𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 1 𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥. 𝘪 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬.

𝘹𝘹