chap 21

Heyyy y'all before i get started lemme say sorry for the waittt. but ya girl has started school again and i go to school in manhattan n live in brooklyn if your from nyc yk the struggle. buttt idk i haven't really been feeling my last few chapters but i am going to finish the book.

i hate when authors just stop writing a book with no say.

this one is a short one cause i promised y'all a chapter this weekend. and i don't know where to go with the story. well i do but im still trynna figure out how to get there.

anyways i hope y'all enjoy 😌

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
y'all i was too lazy to write out the scene of them eating sooo just imaging them talking the whole time and getting yk enjoying they meal~
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sage

Imani dropped Trish and I home about an hour ago. The whole car ride Trish wouldn't stop raving about how amazing that boy she meant today was. His name? I forgot already.

I'm watching squid games on my laptop since everyone is raving about how good it is. (an:y'all i'm still on episode 1 don't spoil😩) The sound of my show was cut off when i get an incoming facetime call. 'Asher<3'. I check my reflection in the mirror by my bed and answer the call.

"Heyy" He said while smiling in the screen.

"What's upp. Where your shirt at."

"I just got done working out." He replied and moved the phone lower to show off abs.

I scoffed. "At 9:00 at night."

"The grind don't stop baby." He said while flexing his muscles. "But what you up to."

"Nothing much I was just watching Squid Games but i'm bout to go read a book before bed."

"What book?"

"Counting down with you." And I started going on and on to him about Ace and Karina's love life.

"Alright I want to ask you something." He said. He looks kinda nervous which is weird for him.

"Shoot"

"Since we've been dating for a minute now I want you to meet my parents. Like formally"

Hahahaha he's funny. VERY funny.

"That's funny. Now for real what you want to ask me."

A slight frown formed on his face.

"I'm so for real. Why don't you want to meet my parents. You technically already met my mom and I met yours."

"Yea both of those times you met my mom she just so happen to be there."

"But she still knows who I am. Please just a small dinner with my parents. You can even invite your mom."

All of this just screams red flag. It's been what? 3 months? And this nigga wants me to "properly" meet this family. He is trifling.

"Asher, I don't know. I need some time to think about it."

I know his parents will love me. Well his mom, I haven't met his dad yet. I'm just nervous you know. What if his parents find something to hate about me. What if they ask me what I want to me and they don't consider art a real career. What if I don't meet their standards. What if—breathe
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

"Let me sleep on it and I'll get back to you." I said finally calming down.

"Okay. Goodnight"

I love you

"Goodnight"

And with that I hung up not even in the mood to read anymore.
-
-
-
-
-

Do y'all think sage should meet asher's parents or is it too soon?

i hope y'all enjoyed that short ass chapter but i promise better chapters coming soon.

also keep up with the comments i love seeing them and knowing that there's real people reading my story lol

anyways don't forget to vote , comment all that good stuff

until next time

xx