chap 9

𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I hear the doorbell ringing multiple times. I reach over to my nightstand and check the time. '𝟏𝟐:𝟏𝟎'. Thank god my mom was visiting family in Haiti cause she would've been pissed. The sun was beaming in my face. It is way too early for this. I put on an oversized shirt since I was only wearing panties and a bra and went downstairs to see who decided to interrupt my slumber. I look at the window and see the one and only Imani and Trish standing outside my door with a bunch of bags in their hands. I open the door and they rush inside.

"Before you get mad and ask why are we here so early, I bought you a croissant and iced coffee from Pete's Bakery, your favorite ." Imani said as she handed me the food. I made my way into the living room and sat on the couch. "Thank you but why the fuck are yall here this early? I thought you weren't coming till 1." "Well you said Asher was coming at 4, so we decided to come an hour earlier." It makes sense but I wish they would've told me.

"Now that we explained ourselves and you got food, go shower and meet us in your room." Trish said, shoving me towards the bathroom. I wasn't planning on it but I decided to shave everywhere cause who knew what the fuck they were gonna put me in and since it's my first highschool basketball game I'm going to and it might be my last. Cause I will not be doing this again.

----------------

I got out of the shower and went into my room in just my bra and panties. We are super comfortable so this is nothing new. My room looks a mess but like an organized mess. Does that make sense? There were clothes all over my bed, shoes all on my floor, and makeup all over my vanity. "Have a seat and let's get started." I sat on my office chair in the middle of my room and let them get started. I connected my phone to my speaker and played music while Imani got started on my hair and Trish did my makeup.

An hour later I was completed with both. My hair was in a slick back puff with my edges done and Trish did a natural look with winged eyeliner. "Okay so since I've been sitting here just about naked for the past hour can I finally put on some clothes."

"Imani and I brung a few clothes from our house but we also layed out a few of your own clothes. We don't want to overdo it but we don't want you to look basic." I walked over to my bed and scanned the clothes. This stuff isn't really my style. Let me take that back. I don't have a style I wear whatever I look good in. After about another half hour of me trying on so many different outfits and us going back and forth about what to wear, we finally settled on something.

A green long sleeve crop top from Trish, nude color jeans from Imani, and a pair of green sandals that I owned.