Chap 27

Sage

I been at Imani's house for the past 20 minutes and I have yet to speak up about what happened today. I cant tell I'm if upset or sad.

"Sage I love you but we been sitting here for too Damn long, just tell me what happened."

"Okay So basically I met with Asher and we spoke it out he only kissed the girl and he didn't her yada yada yada and than I told him how I slept with Jayden. And he got all mad and said that it wasn't the same thing than he stormed out and got all mad and shit."

"Well damn. Now that we found out that he didn't purposely kiss or sleep with her you kinda got a slap in the face." No shit.

"I think you should call him."

"And say what. 'I'm sorry I slept with someone else when I thought you slept with someone else'"

Imani gave a fake smile. "I mean yes...."

"Fine."

I reached for my phone and clicked on his contact.

After the phone rang for few seconds, he finally picked up. "Hello" a more feminine voice said.

"Who is this?"

"Christine. Who is?" I sat up in my seat

"Put Asher on the phone. Right now." I heard some shuffling and whispering in the background.

"Hello."

"Asher mothering fucking Jones imma beat ya ass. Who the fuck is Christine."

"That girl from the party."

I put the phone on speaker.

"Oh so you had me stressing over here thinking I fucked up while you over there fucking that white bitch from the party."

"Sage you did fuck up, you the one who cheated first."

"Nah nigga fuck you. Were over, done, fé, sou, sur. Do I need to say it in another language for you."

He was quiet

"That's what I thought."

I hung up and by this point tears were streaming down my face. Imani ran up and hugged me as I hurried my face in her shoulder.

"Why me. Where did we go wrong." I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shhh it's gonna be okay." Imani tried to console me but it wasnt working. All that time, love, and energy. Gone to waste. I feel so betrayed but I also feel like this is my own fault. Maybe if I would never have gone to that party or never have slept with Jayden this all wouldn't have happened. Or Maybe if our Math teacher would never had me tutor Asher I could've saved myself alot of pain.