chap 8

𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It was currently Friday which meant it was day 2 of tutoring Asher. It has honestly been one hell of a week for me. I just wanna go to school and tutor him so I can get back home, watch Age of Ultron, and cry over Pietro all over again.

I had woken up an hour before my alarm so I decided to make some breakfast. I put on my morning playlist and started on some avocado toast and iced coffee. I am an amazing chef. Do I call Gordon Ramsay or does he call me? By the time I was done eating my alarm went off, so I washed my dishes and went to get ready. I decided to just keep it casual so I put on a pair of grey biker shorts and an oversized orange hoodie.

 I decided to just keep it casual so I put on a pair of grey biker shorts and an oversized orange hoodie

I put my crystals in my bra, grabbed my bag, and I was out the door. I decided to take the bus/train to school. I normally don't take it because the train is the worst, the crazy people, it's always crowded, and there's always something happening. But hey I love it. I needed some time to myself this morning so I decided this was the best option.

It finally reached my stop and I couldn't wait to get off the hot train. Remind me to never do this again during rush hour. I walked a few blocks to school and went inside. I had a few minutes till first period so I was just reading by my locker until I heard Tyler come up to me. "Hey, what you reading"

"The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" (a/n:i loveeee this book sm also i'm kinda realizing that i'm basing sage a little too much off of me.)

"Sounds interesting, I was uh wondering if you wanted to hang out again after school" He said kinda anxious.

"I wish I could but I'm tutoring Asher today. Maybe another time?" I said as I closed my book and put it back in my locker. "Oh yea sure."

"Well I gotta go, have a good day." "You too." I was on my way to class but I couldn't stop thinking about Tyler. It's weird how feelings work. Well with me, a person could show me any type of attention and I would practically do anything for them. It has its pros and cons.

----------------

It was time for math with Asher. I don't feel that much hatred anymore towards him. I just see him as, well, an acquaintance. It's a mutual feeling. I sit down and wait impanitely for class to start. "You should definitely come to my game saturday." Asher said as he sat down.

"That's tomorrow." "No shit sherlock."

"Why should I come? I never did before." "Exactly you never did. You're about to graduate highschool and you haven't come to a single basketball game. Just try it. I'll even pick you up."

"Eager much. I don't know. I just wanted to chill tomorrow but I'll consider it." I don't know if I should go. What would I even do? Watch the game? That's boring. Maybe I can just sit on my phone the whole time. If Imani goes I'll go. She's my R.O.D. I always need her with me. Let's say I do go. Should I have him pick me up or is that just pushing it?

-------------------

(a/n i feel like her days moves by mad fast but its just a reg hs day it's boring)

I never eat during lunch, it's too much work to bring food from home and public school lunch is the worst. "Omg Trish I haven't seen you in so long! Where have you been?!" (a/n also imagine them saying omg has oh my god/gosh) "I've been on vacation in Italy it was honestly the best. They have the hottest people. I definitely would have had some fun if I weren't with my family." "Well next time you go take me with you. I would love it."

"I will. So tell me, what did I miss?" "Asher's a simp" Imani said straight to the point. "He is not" "Girl yes he is" "Well then I guess this isn't the right time to say it but he invited me to his game tomorrow." Their eyes and mouths were wide but it slowly turned into a smirk. 

"Are you going? You have to go" Trish spoke up.

"I don't know I kinda just wanna watch some marvel movies again" "Come on now, you watched them like a billion times already."

"But Wanda and Nat are in it so what's the harm in watching again." "Sage honey just go if it makes you feel any better Trish and I will go with you"

"Also he offered to pick me up." "Trish what I tell you, he's a simp. Big S I M P" "Imani is right he's a simp and you have to go. We will be there as always so you will feel comfortable."

"I hate yall but fine." "Okay Trish and I will be at your house tomorrow by 1 so we can help you get ready. The game starts at 5." "Don't you think that's a little bit too much time." "Nope cause we're gonna have fun with you"

Trish and Imani high fived over the table. I am kinda excited for tomorrow not gonna lie.

-------------------

I rang the doorbell to Asher's house and his mom opened the door into a red turtleneck tucked into white dress pants with a Gucci belt on her waist. Do these people just walk around their house like this?!

"Omg Sage, it's so good to see you again." She pulled me into a hug. This is weird but comforting in a way. "You look amazing Mrs.Jones" "Oh this? It's nothing but thank you honey." I nodded my head and made my way up to Asher's room. "It's sage." He opened the door in a matching black sweat suit set. "Ah my favorite person, come in." What is up with his change in attitude? This is weird. Before he was barely talking to me and now he's inviting me to his games and calling me his 'favorite person'?

"What's up with you today?" "Me? I can't be happy?" "I mean you can, it's just weird." "Also before we get started..." He said while offering the bag of doritos to me. I shook my head. "Are you coming to my game?" "Uhh I guess." "Great, I'll pick you up at 4. You may continue with the lesson"

a/n: okayy so i decided to split the chapter in 2 otherwise it would've been really long butt Asher and Sage are finally started to form some conectionnn

xx