Chap 18

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Sage

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

This morning I woke up with a little more joy and energy in my system. I smiled to myself and got out of bed to start getting ready for the day. I put my hair in an high puff and just put on black sweat pants and a white shirt with my red Jordan 1's. I made myself coffee and went to wait outside for Imani.

After about 5 minutes I saw her pulling up. I got in the car and she pulled off.

"Heyyy."

"Hey. What's got you in a good mood?"

"Oh nothing." I said while reapplying my lipgloss.

"Sage. Tell me."

"Okay Okay since you asked so nicely." I put my lipgloss back in my bag and I turned and looked at her. "Asher asked me on a date."

"About damn time!" She screamed than gave me a high five. "Where are yall going"

"I don't know he hasn't told me yet. But I already know I'll love it."

"Guess what." She said while checking the rearview mirror.

"What."

"Jake finally asked me to be his girlfriend."

"What?! Really?!"

"Yup. He asked me over facetime which is wack. I wanted like flowers, signs, overtop. You know." Next thing I know we pulled up in front of school. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car.

I was walking to class when I heard Trish start walking beside me. "Trish!" I pulled her into a hug. "Sage!" "Sage honey, you're choking me." I apologized and pulled away. I continued walking with her following me. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." "Well you're the one that is forgetting about me. You know I heard from Imani that you and Asher have a little thing going on." Of course she's going around telling my business.
"Oop looks like this is me." I opened the door and walked in the classroom when I heard her yelling from the hallway. "We're not done with this conversation!"

-------

It was now lunch and to stay that I was starving was an understatement. I don't like school lunches. That shit is nasty as fuck. I decided to check my locker to see if I had anything to hold me down for the rest of the day. I opened it and saw I had a half empty Arizona and a bag of barbeque chips. Not the best option but it should do. I grabbed them, closed my locker and made my way down the stairs to the cafeteria.

I went over to where Imani and Trish were sitting and sat down. "What is that?" Imani said, eyeing the chips and juice in my hand. "My lunch." "How old is that?" "Uhh I don't know, maybe a week or two." She grabbed it and threw it in a nearby garbage can. "Hey! What the fuck!" She went in her bag and took out a sandwich from the corner store and pushed it to me. "Take it you cant be eating trash when you have a date later."