Chapter 1: Walking cats with leashes

--=Male Reader's POV=--
You - AA0... hang on, where am I? And why am I talking to a wolf on a gas mask? Also, an unrelated, unimportant question: Why do I look like a black latex suit?
(warmly) Dr. K = Please calm down, AA0107. We'll answer all your questions in no time; but please, calm down. In the meantime, why don't you answer my questions first?
You = grunts Sure, wolf boy. Fire ahead.
Dr. K appears to have handled this type of situation before, not reacting to your sarcasm - perhaps he handled this situation before... Was it possible that...

...
No, there aren't any others like me. I am likely to be the result of an accident, or something...

Can they even heal me?
As all these thoughts filled your mind, Dr. K, who notices your silence and apparently worried face (?), comforts you.
Dr. K - Please, call me Dr. K. smiles How about you tell me your name?
My name?
...

What is my name?
I... I don't know my name.
...Who am I?
...How did I forget who I am?

The face behind the gas mask shows a worried expression. He writes down in his notepad, mumbling:

Dr. K - Individual has no memory of his name, likely to not remember his origins or what led to his current situation.

You - Hey, uh... K, is it?
Dr. K -  looks up, away from his notepad Yes?
You - Am I... curable?

A long silence fills the room. You understand what the silence means, and look down. You would cry... but there was no reason to cry - since you knew nothing about your past until... the incident?, or whatever K called it... you shouldn't miss... anything. And nothing you missed, indeed. But you could feel a hole... not a hole, a nothingness, a void in your stomach. Like when you think you lost your wallet, even though you remember sliding it in your pocket, and only relax when you check your wallet... But you weren't worried about a wallet. You were worried about your total memory loss.
Then, why did I look for my phone?

Dr. K - Let's not worry about that for now. What if we try to take a close look at your senses?
You - A close wh...

Suddently, a cylindrical pipe-looking tube emerges from the ceiling, and with it, a medium-sized chocolate bar falls down to your hand.

Dr. K - How about you eat some chocolate? Tell me how does it taste.

Silently, you unwrap the candy bar. With a deep breath, hoping it wasn't injected with venom, or tranquilizers, you bite a piece off. Fortunately, you can taste the sweetness off an apparently harmless... KitKat, was it?
Either way, you bite your KitKat again, relaxing as its sweetness made you worry not about all your troubles, and focus on the candy bar. K, the doctor, looks pleased.

Dr. K (writing down)- Subject seems pleased by a candy bar's sweetness.
You (with your mouth full of chocolate) - You're damn right... tries to bite the chocolate bar again, only to realize you already finished ...uh... Can I have some more, Doctor? finishes eating, swallowing the whole thing practically unchewed. At least I stll have teeth.
Dr. K - That was actually my last candy bar... Hey. How about we try something else?
You (disappointed) - Sure, I guess.
Dr. K (notices your reaction) - Don't worry, I'll bring you some more tomorrow - but for now, can you read what that piece of paper says?

A piece of paper falls down. It has a few sentences in a bunch of languages, some of them familiar to you.

You (reading) - Dad is eating an apple... Папа ест яблоко... Papá está a comer uma maçã... Papa mange une pomme...

Dr. K (notes down) - impressive... Subject appears to recognize more than one alphabet.
(looks up) Alright, that's enough for now. Please throw the piece of paper and the chocolate's wrapping in the trash bin in your left.

You look at your left. A tiny, cubic bin stands there, empty and shiny, ready to be used.
You follow Dr. K orders, and throw your trash into the bin, making it look a lot less clean than before. After doing so, staring at the trash, you retreat to your initial position.

Dr. K - Back to our first question. How do you feel?
You (yawning) - Tired.
Dr. K - You slept for a long time... but it's normal, I guess. Alright, one more thing before I leave you alone - Would you like a book?
You - A b.. ook? S-sure.
Dr. K - Would you like to read a cat encyclopedia? I have other books available, but...
You - It's fine. Thank you, K.

A big, somewhat heavy book falls down the tube. A picture of a black cat - omen of bad luck in some places, and of good luck in others - is printed on its cover, with the words "The Cat Owner's Encyclopedia" above the cat's head. A light is turned on, showering the previously dim room with a bright, warm light... Actually, it's an LED, so... perhaps the warmth comes from a hidden A/C.

Dr. K - Alright. The tube retracts, leaving a small vent behind its original position If you need anything, there's a red button above your bed you can press. Use it in cases of emergency, too: but use it sparingly at night. Some are asleep and would like to keep sleeping; however, I'll always come here to check up on you in less than a cat's tail wag. Kwinks,

You lay in bed, tired, with the book in your hands. After a few moments of silence, you thank K.

You - Thanks, Doctor.
Dr. K - No problem. Have a good night. If you have trouble falling asleep, please don't hesitate to call me using the button above you. grabs notes and other belongings Alright. Have a good night!
You (yawing) - Goodbye, Doctor.

After K walks away, you open the book on a random page. Some cute kittens pop up, and you read some of the text besides them: apparently, some cat breeds can be walked like dogs, using a leash! How interesting...
...
You fall asleep with the light on that K forgot to mention you could turn off by clapping your hands, your new book in your hands still open, now on a different page, showing a Siamese cat eating some fish-flavoured snacks.

Tomorrow is another day.