Chapter 5: 3.14159

--=Male Reader's POV=--

Oh great. Another dream?
You find yourself in a different place, not the forest or your room, although this space looks more like the latter - however, it's somewhat larger and wider, and it has quite a lot more things. You're no longer cuffed, and you feel your Cat Encyclopedia in your hands, indecised between trying to call the Doctor and ask if he upgraded your room, or just read the book quietly. None of those options were appealing to you.
Probably not a dream.
You pinch your arm.
Yeah. Not a dream.
Then... where am I?
Before you think about that any further, you notice a black shadow in the opposite corner of your room, basked by the light of his reading lamp.
He appears to be watching you closely, pretending to read a book about... the Higgs' Boson? You might have misread that, but you decide to pretend not to look at him.
Puro perfectly knows what you're doing, but decides to play along. He flips a page, not realizing he's apparently reading backwards.
You - I'm pretty sure you don't read books like that.
Puro (smiling) - I'm pretty sure you're terrible at pretending to not look at me. Besides, closes book and shows the cover, completely in Japanese except for the words "Higgs' Boson" Japanese books are different.
You (smiling) - That's only appliable to manga, you know?

Puro opens the book for you to see its contents.
Would you look at that. There's an actual manga about that. You were somewhat aware of its importance, and how it was both wanted and feared by scientists. The pages showed some quirky drawings consisting of scientists with some very exquisite melee weapons fighting something that could be... alien angels? coming out of... well, it was too far away for you to see. Your vision was already reaching its limits.
Puro - My name is Puro. What's yours?

You fall silent. You forgot your name.
You could always make up a new one...

But honesty is the base of any relationship, friendship or not. You finally get up and out of your bed, and sit, crossing your legs, right next to Puro.
You can see him well now, with the reading light next to him.
Puro - ...Do you have a name?
You stay silent.
Puro understands what the silence means. He has no idea what to say, until he comes up with an idea.
Puro - How about we give you a nickname? Something simple.
You - Eh...
It's not a bad idea.
You - ...sure. Why not?
Puro smiles. His smile is... cute. You take a moment to appreciate the creature's beauty: his thick, black, dense fur; his vivid eyes...
And his tail. His tail is huge. Easily almost as big as him.
Well, not that big. But it was still pretty big...
Puro knows you're staring at his tail.
Puro (blushing) - You know you have a tail too, right?
Yeah, but it's not as cute or fluffy as yours...
You - C-... can I-
You stop yourself. It's a stupid request.
Puro - You want to touch my tail, do you not?
You fall silent, ashamed of your behavior. Puro breaks the awkwardness... with more awkwardness. The dark latex creature gets up and sits right beside you. He turns his back on you, exposing his big, fluffy tail. You feel the impulse of hugging it... and obey to it. It was...
Your mind is flooded with thoughts and emotions you can't individually point out - he was so pretty...
Puro - Mate. I know you like my tail, but you could try to grip it a little less.
Fuck.
You let go of Puro's tail, smiling and blushing like a fool, unaware of yourself. Way too much physical contact for a first playdate.
Coughing, you want to change the subject and end the awkwardness, but no matter how hard you try, no words cone out of your mouth.
Puro seems to be enjoying watching you struggle with your emotions, and remains silent, watching you try to speak, but, of course, to no avail.
Your improvised baby-sitter then breaks the silence himself, after a couple of minutes (or what you thought to be several hours) of awkward silence.

Puro - You look pretty much like me. But your eyes are more vivacious than any others I've seen...

You blush at the compliment. Puro made you feel better about yourself...