Chapter 8: Revenge (Gore)

--=Narrator's POV=--
K fired up his car.
His old 1998 red Renault Clio had served him well until now. It would be considered a piece of scrap metal by many, but it was the best car one could get if low on cash - it's fully mechanical except for its battery, meaning you only need to replace parts if something goes wrong - parts that are available for a very low price.
The white wolf took off his mask. Checking under his seat, he found all the things he needed - gloves, a Bayonet, a very large piece of plastic that could cover an entire room's floor and walls very carefully folded, and a smoke grenade, modified to leak something other than smoke - sleeping gas.
Everything was set.
The doctor unparked his car. He was completely out of his mind - an effect of his cure that made him a white latex wolf, a cure found ineffective by his boss.
Both of them were not expecting what was to happen.
His boss's address was available to anyone through his Facebook page. You'd think someone would try to make it hard to teach you a lesson. K got his mobile phone, looked up his boss's name, and clicked on his human form's profile picture. Apparently, he wasn't gonna let his friends know he changed into a latex animal.
After checking his address, he memorized it, aware he was only a couple miles away from the location, he snapped the phone in half, with an audible cracking noise, and threw it to the road. He couldn't allow the police to track him down that easily, and the mere fact he used the phone to check his boss's profile could be linked back to...
...
A car drove past him at a high speed, and smashed the phone to pieces. Looking at the shards of what was once his old mobile phone, he felt some sadness. It had served him well. Ah well, it was old and slow anyways. Who cares?, the wolf said to himself, looking in front of him, and speeding up his pace. He'd buy a decent phone later
He was about to drive into a very deserted place - his narcissistic monster of a boss liked to isolate himself, and his home was no exception. No wonder. No one likes people like him anyways.
K found himself in an intersection, and turned left. He was almost there.
Lately, the police stopped caring about most of the cases they had in hand - leaving justice to be made by vigilantes and the people - focusing instead on the major riots on most cities. Most divided in 2 sections: Pro-cure and anti-cure. Most pro-cure people were non-religious progressists, who wanted society to survive at all costs. The anti-cure group was mostly formed by conservative and religious authoritarians. Their main arguments were that God did not want us to mess with our body. Of course, it's all fine and dandy until the species' survival is at risk, K reflexed.
The doctor was about to arrive to his boss's house. A futuristic, swedish-looking architecture styled house was already at sight, sitting in the middle of absolutely bumfuck nowhere.
Recently it was a new trend, to place expensive houses in the middle of deserted places - people with money didn't want to be disturbed, since they themselves took the cure; and looking at what anti-cure people were doing, destroying businesses owned by people who bought the cure for themselves. However, these bombings had only happened to the first people to get the cure, and the police fortunately had enough personnel to avoid these - at the cost of ignoring other issues.... like the one he was about to cause.
He parked his car next to the house. He took his gloves, his gun and his knife, and got out of the car, hiding his knife in an inside pocket of his coat, and putting the gloves on.
He knocked at the door.
An annoying voice came at the door.
Boss - Who is it? It's lunch time, goddamnit, fuck off!
Dr. K was silent as a mouse, and positioned himself at the left of the door, equipping his knife, ready to hit his transformed boss's mask as hard as possible.
Boss (pissed off) - Who is it, for fuck's sake?
Footsteps could be heard, as the dark latex creature approached the door, twisting the knob.
As soon as he opened the door, he took the chance and swung his knife at him - his boss struggled, but there was nothing he could do but scream as his left arm was stabbed by the Bayonet knife. Black, thick blood... or what was supposed to replace blood in his unwanted transformation came out of there.
Dr. K removed the knife as quickly as he stabbed the narcissist with it, and heard the maniac laugh. But at that point, who was the maniac?
Holding his left arm, he said, coughing, struggling with the pain:
Boss - You... pants heavily You absolute monster. First, you make me an abomination, and now you k-
Before he could finish what he said, K kicked the lying man's arse.
Dr. K - You had an option, and I told you the consequences. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.
Boss (taking a while to recover from the pain) - Warn me? affected laugh Warn me you did. groans But when you said I'd turn into this, I expected some abs, or some superpo-
Yet again, K interrupted him by kicking him, this time in the guts. It was clear he was enjoying himself. The other fell silent, and the white wolf took his turn.
Dr. K - You threatened my only family.
His boss laughed, and yelled:
Boss - I didn't threaten you family. Your daughter is already dead, because of your plain stupidity. And your little friends are next. But I'm not the one who takes care of that.
Dr. K couldn't hold himself. He fell down to the floor and stabbed his boss, over and over again, each stab being each tear he was dropping as he let his anger out, avenging her daughter.
There was so much blood...
So much blood...
Everywhere...
He eventually stopped, not knowing if he stabbed him 50 times, 60 times, or 50 x 60 times. But he no longer cared.
He looked at his boss's face, a grin in his face - his mask was still intact - and before he could mock him once again, the face without a gas mask, for once, loaded his Desert Eagle, pointed it to his head, and took his life.

Now, he wouldn't threaten him any longer.

The crime could be disguised as an Anti-cure terrorist act. No big deal.

He still had to find out who killed his daughter for him, and who would threaten Puro and... Pi.

He dropped the knife, and rushed into the living room. He already knew he was going to die to his hands. But he forgot to lock his laptop, clumsily thrown in the sofa.
A chat room was open in what appeared to be Tor, a web browser commonly used to access the deep web - although many people thought criminals hid there shamelessly, it was much harder to actually find them there than anywhere else - there wasn't a search engine for hitmen, or assassins. People had to get very long links to access any sort of dark web content, which was very hard to obtain.
Nevertheless, the laptop appeared to hold a history of a small chat between his boss and an unknown person that would presumably be the hitmen himself.
Before anything else, he opened the terminal, that was clearly of an Ubuntu distro, and  grinned. He was already logged in as the superuser, which gave him full access to the system and to perform a password change. For someone who browsed the dark web, his boss wasn't very cautious. There wasn't even an active VPN connection to hide his activity from his ISP. A little suspicious, but coming from him, the person who thinks everyone else but him is incredibly retarded, it looked normal. He probably didn't even use a normal browser because it couldn't connect to the dark web.
He changed the user's password to 1234, and logged out to test it. It worked.
He also took his phone - an iPhone 12 Pro, and took the sim card out, smashing it into pieces. He'd get a new phone number soon...
The wolf took a moment to appreciate the house. It was a shame that he had to burn it down.
Swiftly, he got up from the sofa, and rushed to the kitchen. K searched through the pantry, and found a couple of bottles of vodka along with a couple unused matches. He took the closest piece of clothing he saw, a rag that had just been used to clean the dining table, and rushed back to his boss's dead body.
He soaked the corpse in vodka with one bottle, and with the other he soaked the rag and the surrounding area, the hall, filled with blood.
He took the match in the match box, and lighted it up.
He threw it onto the rag, immediately lighting it up, and threw said rag on the body.
K watched it burn with pleasure.

His job was not done... Yet.