Chapter 15, part 3: insert uncreative chapter name here

Puro - K, would you mind opening the door?
Dr. K - No.
Puro - What do you mean, n-?
Dr. K - That's what they want. And I don't feel like dying today.
(unknown) - Open the door or I'll blow it the fuck open!
Puro - I don't feel like having my door the fuck open. Do you feel like having your door the fuck open, mister Flex Tape?
Dr. K rolls his eyes.
Dr. K - ...Fine.
He draws the door's remote control out of his lab coat's pocket.
You and Puro get to the ramp. He takes the pin off the flashbang, not before saying:
Puro - Everyone cover your ears and face away from the grenade's light!
The wolf doctor opens the door.
Puro throws the flashbang, and it rolls right under the door's slight opening. If it wasn't for the door's loud noise, the others would probably hear the grenade - yet they did not. And apparently, it hadn't given them enough time to cover their eyes or ears at all - for a bunch of humans had fallen to the floor, yelping as their eyes hurt from the explosion. The dark latex wolf aimed and shot the first person right in the head; which wasn't hard, since he was in all fours due to the blinding light.
You freeze.
Puro seemed so experienced...
Was this not the first time he did this?
Was this even right at all?
But the rush of the moment made you think no further. Everyone had guns themselves, and if it wasn't for the grenade you and Puro'd have a bullet in your heads by now. Not to mention Monika and Dr. K...

Snapping out of your thoughts, you realize Puro ran out of ammo and went to fetch some more. It was your time to take them out, and if you didn't do so soon, the invaders would probably have enough time to recover and start shooting at everything that moved.
Not a good plan.
You run towards the exit, now fully open, and notice a dozen of dead bodies on the outside floor, but force yourself not to pay much attention to them.
You notice someone half deaf, half blind, lying on the floor, his belly facing the floor, trying to reach for his AUG HBAR, lying just next to him, 5, perhaps 6 feet away from him.
Aiming for his head, you try and convince yourself to pull the trigger, but...
What if he didn't deserve it?
What if he had a family to feed? What if he had no other career choice, or what if he was blackmailed to do so?
Your finger, slightly pressing on the trigger, enough not to activate the shooting mechanism, starts shaking.

Puro (from behind) - Boo!
You jump, and press the trigger by accident.
The body, who had reached the AUG and almost got to shoot you, fell silent.
You - Did you just...
Puro - You can't hesitate. They want to kill us, not be friends with us.
You - What if he had a family? Someone to look after him?

Puro doesn't say anything, replying with the noise of an SMG piercing through someone.

Puro - He was going to kill you.
You - Yeah, but-
Puro - No but's. It's the survival of the quickest to pull the trigger. And also...

He shoots another corpse, one that appeared to be dead. The corpse moved no more.

Puro - I'm not gonna let yourself get killed.

(Unknown) - Funny story, mate.
You feel something cold pressing against your head. Turning around, someone had gotten you from behind. They didn't appear to have been affected by the flashbang. Holding two .50 cal Berettas against your heads, he smiled.

(Unknown) - Shoulda came peacefully.
He kicks both your heads with the guns' barrel. Both of you fall to the floor, unconscious.

Shit has gone seriously wrong.