Chapter 12: The gas. Get the damn gas

Wait. Is that... his daughter?
One tends to forget how things work after a couple weeks being a latex bag with fur for a few weeks.
Still, you couldn't help but wonder what Dr. K really looked like.
His daughter had black, medium-sized hair. Her green eyes contrasted with her pale skin tone, pale enough to make you wonder if she had any Nordic roots. Using a black Slipknot T-shirt, along with black Levi's jeans and a not-so-discreet choker (that looked more like a collar), she looked quite stylish, digging her own style with... style. She puts her phone in her pocket, not even hanging up, giving you enough time to notice it's an Apple iPhone X, with a Slipknot logo on the back of a black case applied to the phone.
What a stomach-twisting plot twist. How is she using a phone from Apple on an apple-themed village? Shocking.

Dr. K's daughter/unknown - Wanna introduce your friends to me? One looks like he's seen an alien and the other is half-asleep.
Puro took the tip and stretched himself like a feline.
Dr. K - Right. Monika, these two lovebirds are Puro and Pi.
She grins.
Dr. K - Pi, Puro, meet Monika, the human that calls herself my daughter. He smiles. Monika rolls her eyes, and mumbles something.
Monika (mumbling) - Ekki fyndið. (Not funny.)
Dr. K - Now come on. At least give me a hug.
Monika - You're inside the damn car.
You and Puro laugh at Dr. K's apparent lack of contact with reality. It was clear to the naked eye, however, that their relationship wasn't the best. The doctor still tried his best, however.
He got out of the car, and gave his daughter the biggest bear hug you had ever seen. (Not that you had ever seen that many bear hugs in your "new" life.)
She struggled for a second, but gave in - she did, in the end, in some twisted way, like her dad. If he turned into a furball or not, it was (mostly) irrelevant, since she'd still like him, not any more or any less.
Puro smiled at the sight, and licked your cheek. You blush. Affection is contagious. How curious.
Monika - Awh. Look at the horny wolves. One display of affection and they already wanna fuck each other. How cute.
Puro - You talk a lot of shit for a lesbian at voring distance.
Monika - I dare you. No, I really dare you to do that. Try me. Also, rolls her eyes, take fyrir, Sherlock Holmes. I am one.
Puro - You speak Icelandic?
Dr. K - Both our parents were Icelandic.
He looks down.
Dr. K - She was Icelandic as well...
His face suddenly gains a sad expression, but, as quick as it came, it disappeared, and he sighed. Looking up, he continues the conversation, all eyes upon him.
Dr. K - Did I not tell you that? I borrowed you some Icelandic workbooks. I'm pretty sure I had told you around the time you decided to learn Icelandic.
Puro leaves the car, and so do you, right after him.
Monika - Hey, this might be a free country, but it's still not free enough, fortunately, for you to walk around with loaded sub machine guns.
Quickly, you throw the guns back to the car's seats, the doors still opened.
Monika relaxes, for once, which was clearly not usual for her to do.
Putting aside initial judgements for cures or lack of them, she smiles.
Monika - Now, unless you're here to try my famously world-known apple cheesecake... she nods to a simple wooden table in front of what you assumed was her house. Over the table, a few pastries stood there, waiting to be sold. Among them, the famous cheesecake stood higher on a tiny shelf ...which I wouldn't blame you for, I'm sure that wasn't the reason that made y'all drive more than a few miles to come here. So... her eyes shine brighter what's up?
You and the other black latex wolf stare at each other.
Puro - Yeah...
You - Right.
Dr. K (lowering his voice tone) - You might or might not be under a possible death threat. And me too. Aaaaand them too.
Monika rolls her eyebrows.
Is she always this hard to impress?
Monika - No wonder. The scientist who created the so-called "cure" for-
Dr. K - Not now, please. There's no time for that sort of bullshit.
The green eyes stared at the red eyes.
Monika - Sure. Whatever. Hide here, if you want to.
Dr. K - Won't do. They literally know where you live.
Monika - Your workplace's compromised too, I presume?
Dr. K - Yes. Yes, it is.
Monika - Just like your house, and theirs.
Dr. K - The facility is their house.
Monika - Right. Sorry. Well, before we decide to hide in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, at least let me invite you to have a snack. Trip must have been long.
All of you followed her to her house, shortly after the doctor closed his car. It wasn't a particularly big house, neither was it small. However, it was really, really well decorated. Upon entering, you could tell black was her thing - the whole house's décor was dependent on shades of really dark gray or black. Funny, since apples haven't got any shades of gray or black.. At least normal ones. (Maybe Chernobyl apples were black? I mean, maybe rotten apples are black.)
The kitchen would be the division that was most better equipped - clearly she spent a lot of time there. You'd expect her not to be a cooking grandma, especially with that T-shirt (not to mention her weird attitude, but that's for another time to discuss).
A warm breeze came out of the light gray division. You could smell... chocolate? Your doubts were almost immediately clarified as she went straight to the oven, who started to ding right as she opened it (what a timing) and out of it came out what could only be described as a brobdingnagian cake. Or, to be clearer, a huge-ass, bitchin', chocolate and apple cake. Although the only apple in it was on the outside of the 2-layered cake, covering it - apple slices were hiding away the cake, as if the cake was trying to play hide-and-seek.
Monika - Chop chop. We ain't got all day, so stop staring and dive right in. I'm gonna get my backpack ready for a tiny surprise holiday, if you know what I mean.
After putting it in the table, she took a cake knife out of a drawer (yes, out of a drawer) and proceeded to reveal the cake's best attribute - liquid chocolate oozing out of the second layer. The first layer, though, was disappointingly simple, even though it had apple cubes spread throughout it.
Monika - Eat up. I've had lunch already. There's juice in the fridge. She cuts the cake in half again, this time horizontally instead of vertically. I'll warn you though, that's not a proper lunch, but it's not like we have time to get a decent meal anyways. It'll give you calories to burn, though, so that's nice.
The girl leaves the kitchen. She looks at her left, and walking towards her room, she checks the time.
She takes her backpack, and starts putting some stuff in it.
Meanwhile, you and Puro devoured half the damn cake in half a millisecond. Dr. K only had half a slice, claiming he wasn't hungry, for he had eaten something before picking both of you up. Puro wanted to split the remaining cake between you and him, but you gave him the extra piece of cake. His face adopted a happy expression before making the said cake bit magically disappear into his stomach.
Monika came back as you both had some apple juice (Mmmm, how original. Weren't expecting apple juice here, were you?) after what once was a double-layer chocolate cake and now is a bunch of crumbs on a tray.
Stuffing a powerbank into her backpack, she noticed the spoils of war between you all and the cake.
Monika - Damn. That was quick. Alright, put everything back to its place. Gotta clean it up too, not just eat.
Puro puts everything back in the blink of an eye; the tray in the oven, the knife in the drawer (after rinsing it with water quite frantically, because solid liquid chocolate is a bitch to wash off); the juice in the fridge.
Monika went outside, and got her table inside the living room, where it appeared to originally be from. The pastries over it were also stored in her backpack, almost exploding with the volume of whatever was in there along with the pastry thin cardboard boxes.
Dr. K had decided to hide in the bunker he had bought. It was stocked for a couple of months for 4 people - which was quite convenient; they needed only a month's worth of supplies for a quick jump off the grid.
They left the house and walked towards the car. After everyone jumped right in, it looked quite stuffed. Dr. K tried to turn on the car, but to no avail.
Puro - You forgot to get gas, smartass.
Dr. K sighed.
Monika left the car, and went to the back of her house. She came back shortly after with a tank of gas, and proceeded to fill the car's gas tank in quite a hurry. After filling it with enough fuel for a double back-and-forth trip between the house and the bunker, which was close to the facility, she went and put it back where it was.
The Icelandic metalhead entered the car again with a sly grin on her face.
He turned on the car, and started driving.