Chapter 7: A white plastic tray (NSFW) (Part 1)

--=Male Reader's POV=--

What is that smell?

You wake up. A smell of good food fills the air. Not good food like a KitKat, or a hamburger; no, it was the smell of an actual breakfast, one you haven't took since... forever.

Puro is still sleeping, unaware of what was awaiting both of you: somehow, someone had taken the liberty of cooking you what to be a majestic breakfast: in addition to the good old bacon,  eggs, toasts and jam, there was what appeared to be a huge smoothie milkshake with two straws, one for each - all of this resting in a simple white plastic tray, that somewhat contrasted with the looks of that majestic meal. (OK, OK, it wasn't really a majestic meal, but more of a rich breakfast. But who cares? You hadn't eaten more than a couple KitKats and that saline bag being injected in your veins after the... incident. Was food unnecessary if you were a latex wolf?)

You wanted to wake Puro up... but he was sleeping in the most cute way ever, slightly drooling to his pillow. You had gotten very close, especially in the past week - reading together about various topics, from cat breeding (incredibly not lewd, and much more scientific. Who knew cat breeds were so much complicated than dog breeds? Seal-points, and lilac-points, and recessive and dominant genes...) to philosophy (which just boosted your reason to doubt of any religion. Friedrich Nietzsche had very interesting views about this topic.).

You hadn't gotten the courage to tell him about what you felt... but he was driving you mad - not because he was annoying, but because every single day he felt prettier and prettier and you felt more and more attracted to him, his fur's smell on your mind constantly, his deep voice, his...

How could you not love him?

...

You loved him. But you dared not tell him, for you were afraid of his reaction. Sure, he was a very smart person - but... Did he like someone else?

It was unlikely. Aside from K, the white wolf, everyone else was less like a human and more like a beast, their human thoughts replaced by beast-like instincts.

But what if he lost someone?

Perhaps Puro would not remember anyone. After all, you did lose all your memories after... whatever turned you from an average human (or so you hoped) into a dark wolf with a white mask.

As you sat down next to the tray, zoned out from the outside world, Puro woke up. With a yawn, he stretched himself in a very cat-like manner for a latex wild dog.

Puro - Starting without me, eh?

You (quietly) - I wasn't going to. I wanted to wake you up, but you were asleep, drooling like a baby.

Puro blushed, triggered by your snarky comeback, and replied, almost shouting:

Puro -  Hey! I don't drool! My face was just turned so-

Puro blushes. He shuts up before digging himself further.

You - It's fine. I think it's cute.

The mask hides behind its cute paws, trying not to look like a fool as he blushed even more. He takes a few seconds to unhide it, and, with a deep breath, he asks in an almost unaudible way:

Puro - Should we just have breakfast?

You - It wouldn't be right to leave it to rot. Besides, it smells amazing, like-

You cough, becoming self-conscious almost immediately. Puro exhibits a shy smile.

Puro - ...Like my fur?