Chapter 9: Secrets of Society

--=Male Reader's POV=--
You - Damn, you draw really well!
Puro showed you some drawings - they looked really, really good, and you could tell he really put some effort into them. Most of them were of Doctor K and objects surrounding him: mugs, books, his room, his bookshelf...
He was pretty damn good at it. The black wolf only used a normal pencil for these, and always colored his drawings in shades of grey, black or white.
You remember Dr. K, and wonder where is he.
You (worried) - Hey, uhh... Puro?
Puro (looking away from his drawings) - Hmm?
You - Where is... K?
You both look at each other.
Puro - Uhhh... We haven't seen him for two weeks. Do you...
...Nothing happened to him, I'm sure of it.
You (worried and unconvinced) - Eh. Yeah... Right. Everything's fine...
Puro says something, but you're not listening anymore. K wasn't someone to just disappear like that. Still. He did say he didn't have enough time to take care of him and watch him 24/7...
Puro did help. A lot.
You were slowly accepting the fact that you couldn't just... go back. You were stuck in that body.
It wasn't that bad - you could go several days without food and drink, and you can't remember the last time you went to the bathroom... perhaps because you hadn't gone at all.
And it wasn't that ugly after all - your movements were very quick and swift, and you looked pretty after all. Of course... not as much as Puro.
You hugged him, trying to escape your own mind. He was probably right. Everything was probably ok.

...
Probably.
Puro puts his drawings to his side, and hugs you back.
Puro - What's this all of a sudden, Pi?
You - I'm needy...

...and worried.
Puro sighs, his face showing concern.
Puro - You're not the only one who's preoccupied.
But he'll be back soon, I guess.
He always does. It's not the first time he does this.
You - Do what?
Puro - Vanish for a few days, or a couple weeks.
You - It's been a couple weeks already.

Silence falls.

Out of nowhere, the sound of sirens fills the facility, altogether with the words:

FULL FACILITLY LOCKDOWN, THREAT DETECTED. FULL FACILITY LOCKDOWN IN T MINUS 30 SECONDS.

Both you and Puro jump from the sudden noise, but he calms down quickly.

Puro - Alright. Don't worry, just follow me. Probably some crazy Anti-cure group with some lame-ass AKs trying to break into the facility.
Puro gets up, and walks towards his bookshelf, and removes a book called "Hidden Secrets of Society."

The bookshelf moves aside, and in its place a small room's entrance appears, showing a 3m x 3m x 3m cubicle. It had a pile of "essential" books for Puro to read while in the panic cubicle, as long as a crapton of KitKats to chew on. KitKats seemed like a thing everyone had here. The latex wolf invites you in, and you accept the offer, hiding in there with him. He presses a button inside the cubicle, on one of its walls, and it closes itself to the outer world, leaving no marks of having a secret room behind its books.

You exhale. The only light there appeared to be coming from one of those old 90W lamps (replaced nowadays by more economical LEDs) hanging from the wall.
You were finally safe.

FACILITY FULL LOCKDOWN IN T MINUS FIVE, FOUR, THR-

Then, the unexpectable happens.

The power gets cut off.

There's a huge uncomfortable silence. Puro grabs a sheet of paper, and clumsily writes something on his lap. He hands it over to you, and before reading it, you notice you either can see in the dark, or Puro's pen has fluorescent ink.

DON'T MAKE A SOUND.
SOMEONE IS INSIDE THE FACILITY.

THEY MIGHT BE COMING FOR US.

You tap Puro's hand, and he hands you over the pen. Carefully, like you're holding a C4 explosive, you write:

why would they be coming for us?

I have a theory - we're the only ones in here that can think rationally.

Do they want to rescue us?

Most definetly not - don't even think about showing yourself or myself to them.

I think I hear footsteps.

DO NOT MAKE A NOISE. BREATHE QUIETLY. SOMEONE IS HERE.

You panic, but manage to not hyperventilate, and quietly inhale and exhale, as to not let anyone notice you.

You hear footsteps. Puro is right. Someone is there.

Apparently, a door was open: someone tries to look for you in the room but fails to do so.
Then, you can hear heavy breathing, and understand that someone is standing in front of the bookshelf.
Puro decides to write something else to calm you down.

This can only be opened from the inside now. I have its key. The book is what triggers the door from the outside, and the button triggers the door from the inside.

You can read what he writes in his lap, and calm yourself down.
Then, you hear a voice.

Unknown - Hey. Come here.

A second pair of footsteps can be heard. Puro mouths the words CALM DOWN.

Unknown 2 - It's a bookshelf.

Unknown - Why, yes. Yes, it is.

Unknown 2 - Never seen one before?

Unknown - Shut up, you stupid oaf. Clearly it holds the key to a secret passage.

Unknown 2 - Oooh. Like the one in Anne Frank's diary movie?

Unknown - No, you retard, it's the one from Finding Nemo.

Unknown 2 (confused) - What? There's no secret passage in fi-

Unknown - Exactly! Are you fucking stupid? inspects bookshelf Now, if only we knew what book held the key...

Silence falls for a few seconds, and you can swear you can hear the manly voices outside smile.

Then, a load of loud thumps follow the silence. Puro is upset; he clearly spent too much time tidying it for a few kidnappers ruin his organization by alphabetic order and topic.

Silence follows.
You can hear another pair of footsteps that appear to go unnoticed.
Suddently, one of the voices say:

Unknown 2 - I don't think there's a secret passage. You know. Like in Finding Nemo.

Unknown - Thank you for your convenient objection, swine. Just-
Hang on a minute.

Puro and you look at each other.

Unknown - Is it just me, or do I see a tiny cutout right here?

Unknown 2 - So, it is like Finding Nemo.

Unknown (about to explode) - I swear, after this expedition, I'll kick your balls until they break in half and your cock turns black. Shut the fuck up if you want to have children in the near future, or survive at all, capiche?

Unknown 2 falls silent.

Unknown - There's a cutout here. There is a secret room.

Puro's eyes widen as much as possible. He didn't have to write or mouth anything, for his expression dictated a single word: Fuck.

Someone kicks the bookshelf once. Puro starts freaking out, but before a second kick is heard, a arse-eatingly loud gunshot is heard from a dozen metres away, and a heavy thump is heard. The remaining figure outside tries to stroke what sounds like a Glock, but it, too, gets shot, and falls with a slightly quieter noise.

Dr. K's voice is heard.

Dr. K - Get out of there, Puro and Pi. We don't have much time.