A MOMENT OF PEACE

CHAPTER THIRTY- FOUR

ALLEN’S POV:

“ Umm... cupcake! You are drooling.” Erik whispers. I quickly do a wipe only finding nothing.

“ You have been standing and drooling at the entrance for past 2 minutes.” He chuckles.

        “ Hey! I really like the interior and architectural design. Moreover, I can try to appoint this architect. He can do wonders at our real estate sector.” I reply.
      “ Sure... what ever you say.” I give his side a quick but firm pinch. “Ouch! That hurts!”

“ It was meant to hurt.” I huff out.

Ezra’s chucking waltzes towards us. He clears his throat. Too late bud. “ Best friends, I guess...”

         “ Yeah...” I smile. Ezra has this warm welcoming feeling to him. You will instantly feel comfortable around him. More importantly he kept this pack safe. He didn’t give up on Xander.

“ Umm...Ezra!”

“Yes Allen?”

“ Thank you!” He gives me a questioning look with a cute awkward smile.

“ For what?”

“ For keeping this pack safe and for...for not giving up on Xander. It means a lot to him.”

“ There’s nothing to thank me for, Allen. This pack is my family and Xander is the heart of this pack. I just did what is right for me to do.”  Ezra’s eyes are swirling with pride.

          “ She is right though!” Xander enters in a pair of jeans with a black v cut t shirt. His hair has become unruly. Yummy! He strides towards Ezra and they shear a quick hug.

“ Alpha...”

“ you have no idea how grateful I am , Ezra. You did what I couldn’t. I thought I would never see my pack mates again. But you made it happen.” Xan’s tone is thick with gratefulness and relief.

        “What happened three years ago wasn’t your fault. All of us has suffered enough because of it. Now, we need to move forward and we need you for that. Besides, running a pack isn’t my cup of tea.” That earns a chuckle from Xander.  His whole demeanour has changed. He looks more relaxed, more at peace. I have this distinct feeling that a lot is going to happen. But for now, all of us will enjoy this peace as long as it lasts.

         “ your rooms must be prepared by now. Why don’t you guys settle down a bit. I can send your breakfasts upstairs.” Ezra offers.

“ That will be great, Ezra. I will join you sometime before lunch. We need to discuss some important matters.” Xander stated.

          “ Fine with me. I will meet you at your office.” Replied Ezra. Xander ushers us , me, Erik, Luvia, to the third floor. It’s just as magnificent as the two lower levels. Damn! I really need to meet the architect of this house. As I day dream of all the possible projects I could use the help of this architect, Xan shows Erik and Luvia their room. Yeah! A room! Their relation has progressed a lot. Erik has returned to his jovial self and Luvia has become more confident in herself.

    “ Penny to your thoughts”

That brought me back to reality. I am in a room. No...not a room. A suite. My eyes fixed at the rectangle wooden coffee table. It has a simple traditional style to it. Mum would have loved it. I can still remember her desk full of furniture design, sample wood, home decor ideas, her own sketches.

“ I see my sweetheart smiling.” Xan holds my face in his palms and places sweet kisses all over it. “ What made you happy?” He asked. I snake my arms around his torso, pulling him closer,      “ Wanna know?”

“Uh-huh...”

I kiss his inner palm, giving him the most sexy smile I could manage. I was flirting with him and I wasn’t sorry, “make me...” He raises his left brow while his lips curve to the left giving me a ‘are you serious look’. So, I mimic him.

XANDER’S POV:

Ell is flirting with me alright... But, How can she change her expressions so quickly! One moment it’s sexy as hell in the other its all sweet and innocent. Like how she is smiling at me now. Fuck it! I pull her closer and crash my lips on her's. She responds and deepen the kiss. If possible I would never stop kissing her. Her soft lips, velvety tongue, her lean yet curvy body, silky deep brown hair that becomes umber as the sun catches it, everything about her, no... she herself has become my very own brand of drug. She lets go off my lips with a pop! We heave for some much needed oxygen but it irritates me. I’m irritated because I need to stop kissing Ell to take a breath. Great!

“ Now tell me.” I remind her. I really wanna know what made her happy so that I can make it happen every day just to make her smile.

    “ A kiss isn’t quite enough, you know" She licks her already swollen lips and bits the lower lip.

“ You little vixen...” throwing her on my shoulder I march towards our bedroom. But I was dead on my tracks when an eco runs through the room and a sharp pain comes from my butt cheeks, both of them and Ell started to laugh like a maniac. “ My man has a nice ass!” she states as her hands grope my ass. I’m a little shocked. No one has ever spanked me before. So I did the right thing. I kindly return her the favour and spank her juicy ass. Her laughter stops and I pull her in front of me, my hands supporting her ass. Damn! Who am I kidding? I’m groping her. We stare at each other for a few moments then we both burst out laughing.