BROKEN SOUL

CHAPTER TEN

ERIK'S POV:

When I got out of Luvia's room I was bombarded with questions.

"Why was she calling for you? Why were you two hugging each other?" the guards asked.

"I need to speak with the doctor who is taking care of her."

"ok, follow us."

Mrs. Alice was Luvia's surgeon. She was the female doctor I partnered with.

"What's the matter Mr. Erik? Luvia is making a big fuss about you."

"Can Luvia stay with me and accompany me?"

"What? That's absurd."

"Mrs. Alice. It turned out that I am her mate. She feels insecure without me that's why she is causing problems. If she stays with me, she will recover fast plus I will just make her believe that if she tries anything funny you guys will. kill me. She can't transform fully until she heals anyway."

"I will talk about it with professor. If they say ok it will all be on you. So be careful."

"I will."

ALLEN'S POV:

"Xan?"

"Hmm..."

"How did you end up here? What happened to your family? How come you are the only pure blood lycan ? I... it's ok not to answer."

"My pack was in Finland. We had 300 werewolves in our pack. Some lived with us some came when called. It was peaceful. My mom and dad both had lycan ancestors so the lycan gens kicked off in my case. People thought lycans became instinct but here I am. At first, Mom & dad were shocked cause my wolf was stronger than any other wolf. Even stronger than my dad's wolf, an alpha wolf. I first shifted when I was 8 where as normal werewolves shift mostly at the age of 16 to 18. They realized that I was a lycan. The only born after many centuries.

I had a sweet little sister, Lilian. We would fight, race, hunt. You know, I trained her myself so that she becomes a very strong fighter. We had a very peaceful pack. Not the strongest but we could hold our own. But it's all destroyed. Every single thing. And I couldn't do anything thing. These fuckers sent hunters to catch my whole pack. They gassed us preventing us from shifting. My whole pack house was burned down to ashes, Ell. There were children, elderly people, pregnant women, sick people in the house. I still here their screams. I killed as many hunters I could. But they gave me something which paralyzed me. I was forced to watch my dad being shot with silver. My mom & sister were tied down and... raped until they bit their tongue out and bled to death. And, where was I? Tied down and paralyzed. What's the point of me being a lycan , the most powerful and feared category among werewolves? Why did they kill my pack? They wanted me; they should have just taken me. I don't deserve to live. Whenever these bitches torture me, I take it because I deserve it. These bastards want me to shift so that they can use my wolf, right? I won't shift. I won't give them what they want. I..."

"Xan, stop! That's enough." He is being pulled in his darkness. Shit! I need to stop him. Like RIGHT NOW!

"I will kill each and every one of them. I will make them bleed to death like..."

"Xander!! Please calm down!"

"Like my mom and Lilian. I will tear out their hearts from their chest like they shot my dad's heart. Burn..."

I gripped his shoulders as hard as I could and began to shake him. He is drifting off. He is being consumed by darkness and hatred. I can't let him loose himself.

"XANDER!! Look at me. I know how you feel. I can feel your pain Xander. Listen to me Xan, You are not alone. Don't lose yourself please. I beg you."

He looked at me then closed his eyes and started to take deep breaths to cool himself off. When he cooled off, he took my hands in his palms and placed feathery kisses on them. He and his soft kisses. God have mercy!

"I will never let anything happen to you. I will die to protect you. You are all I have left." his grip on my palms tighten. Suddenly I feel like I have run a marathon. Slow down Mr. Heart.

" I lost my parents too." I couldn't help but whins at my own words, "I know how hollow you feel. You have these people who have been with you even before you began to understand stuff. Then suddenly they are not there anymore. I am very sorry for your lose, Xan. I am sorry for your parents, your sister, for your pack. But you need to understand that you survived for a cause. You need to keep fighting until you find the cause and to do you must tame tour demons and use them as pawns on the correct occasion. Honour your life, Xan. We must live for the people who love us. We need to be strong to hold our own ground and protect loved ones.

You saw the death of your pack, your family. I have also seen my parents' death. But we can not let ourselves be lost in self-pity and rage. That will never avenge their death, never... Promise me you won't lose yourself. Promise me..."

Slowly Xan raises his head and I am met with a pair of bright blue eyes. Its his eyes just in a brighter shed of blue. " I promise..." People say werewolves are monsters, savages, murderers but the werewolf I am sitting across proves to be more than that. He proves to be a dutiful child, wise leader, protective brother, a true werewolf, a lycan. He will kill for those he cares for and die happily for them. I can't help but admire this so-called beast sitting before me kissing my hands and saying that I am all he has. I can't help but wanting to give my heart and soul to him. Can two already broken soul heal each other? 

**Art by Gaudi Buendia**