THE CANDY THIEF

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

ALLEN'S POV

Han has given us our new ID's. According to our ID's , my name is Vania, Xan's name is Xavier, Erik is Hunter, Luvia is Alice. With the help of these it will be a little easy for us. Right now, uncle is attending a video conference on the second floor, Xan, Erik and Han are at the gym room showing off ( boys will be boys). Luvia is helping me in the kitchen. Since we have the basic information's we are going on different roads for now as we planned. However, I can't help but feel a little anxious to let Erik and Luvia go alone. I'm a little protective over them. And why not? Look at Erik, always stuck with me like glue. And Luvia is like a sweet little weirdo. She can say the weirdest thing with the sweetest expression. It's so fun to watch when they subconsciously start a flirt war. Damn that's funny! One time Xan and I laughed so hard that our belly ached after hearing their "TALK". I still can't stop grinning at the memory.

"Hey! What you laughing at?" she elbows my side and wiggles her eyebrows. "Wanna know?" She throws the cloth she had in her hand and turns to me "Hell yeah!"

"Hmm, something which I will never forget and you would love to remember."

"Come on tell me already already!" Oh Luvia! Such a sweetheart. "you remember the TALK, one in your room."

"OK! Shut up! No need for more indications" She turned around mumbling such a bitch. I couldn't stop the laugh. At first, she gave me a stern look then joined in the laugh. "WOW! What are the beautiful ladies laughing at!" uncle Massimo asks while entering the kitchen.

"Nothing, just chitchatting. Need anything uncle?" I ask. "nah! Am good!" uncle says cheerfully. Hmm... uncle and cheerful means something good must have happened. "you look much better without the bloody murder look on your face". And there goes Luvia. As soon as she said that she slapped her own mouth. Too bad sweety, damage is done.

"wow! Look, its sunny outside. Come on uncle, I need some fresh air. Its stuffy inside." Allen to the rescue! I literally drag uncle outside. "I wanted to pat the puppy and it jumped on me" uncle grunts. "That's rude you know." I argue.

"Don't give a single shit!" I give him the 'seriously' look and he replies me with a 'fuck off' look. So, like uncle. Both of us chuckle. Uncle holds my hand and takes me to a nearby bench. We talk about business, our new plans. Though uncle doesn't like most of them. "you sure its ok to go with him. You know him only for a few months? I still can't come around the fact that there are werewolves and vampires and other species."

"I know that it's hard for you but believe me uncle, when I saw Xan, there was this instant connection. I felt like I can trust him, I feel like he will never hurt me. I .... I feel protected around him. I believe in him. It's so bizarrely comforting."

"If you believe in him then I won't question it. You are a big girl. You know what life really is. Just remember, if that son of a bitch causes you any harm just give me a signal and I will hunt down his sorry ass and make him regret being born." I already feel sorry for Xan. "Ok, GD (God Dad)! Don't go all dark on me." It feels nice to talk to him after such a long time. After mom and dad died, I just wanted to go away from everything that reminded me of mom, dad and my god forsaken family. In that process I became isolated from him too and now I regret it.

"Allena, I know it's hard for you but I need to know what the motherfucker that tried to rape you looks like? I have some business with him."

Here we go again. "Well, its motherfuckers," I was interrupted by a loud bang, figured uncle probably punched something "And they are already taken care for. I killed the main bastard with a pipe through his heart. Xan took care of the other two."

"Good! But those scumbags deserved more brutal death." That make me snicker, "Trust me uncle, the way Xan took care of them is actually quite brutal."

"Yeah? You tell me. So, your next destination is somewhere near the Northwest territories, right?"

"Yeah!" I reply. A peaceful silence fell upon us for sometime. "I'm proud of you, Allena." It's not the first-time uncle has told me that he is proud of me. But to be honest, he has given me the strength I needed when I was young. I'm thankful to him for many things. Mostly because he is the reason, I am alive right now. Seventeen years ago, if he didn't rescue me from that barn, I might as well be six feet under. Yeah, he is strict but he isn't heartless. He taught me that you don't have to let your rage consume you to become strong. I really look up to him. "Thanks for everything, uncle." We shear a warm hug. "You are as important to me as Han is. Never forget that!" I nod. "Let's go in. Everyone must be waiting for us." We went in and saw that the boys were now sitting on the couches and discussing something. Xan was doing the most talking though. I turned around to ask uncle if they will stay for dinner. Although when I turned, I saw uncle sneaking away some candy bars. "Uncle...? Why are you holding candy bars when you are banned from them?" Diabetic people and their irresistible urge for sweets!!

"SHIT!"

"I'm sending mom this pic of you sneaking candy bars!" Han bellows from the couch while holding up his phone. "Fine!" he drops the candy bars and stomps to upstairs calling us bunch of insolents. Me, Erik and Han cracked up while Xan and Luvia were smirking. But when a "SHUT UP!!" came from upstairs we fell on our knees and laughed our guts out.