HEILAND

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

ALLEN’S POV

“What? Why?” Xan just softly smiles at me and caress my cheek, “Because mates are supposed to name each other's wolf. Now, are you ready to meet him cause his whining is giving me a serious headache.” Hearing that I couldn’t stop my laugh.

Xan walked behind a tree in his boxer briefs, giving me a good look at his narrow hips. Uh! Sexy! There was no grunting or bone breaking noise like I expected. Just the normal forest melody. After a few seconds a midnight black wolf came in sight.

                 THE MIDNIGHT WOLF           The wolf had the same eyes as Xan

                 THE MIDNIGHT WOLF

   The wolf had the same eyes as Xan. On four, he was as tall as me. The wolf was moving towards me very slowly, watching my every movement. I slowly stood up and took a few steps towards him which caused him to stop dead in his track. Though he snapped out of it in seconds and again started to take slow cautious steps. Then the realisation hit me, he thinks I might be afraid that’s why he is being cautious. I am not afraid of him. He is a part of Xander. I never felt any fear from him. I need his wolf to see that so I slowly stretch my hand towards him. Ever so slowly he approached my palm and brushed his nose then the side of his face on it. He came even closer giving my hair a sniff then dipped his head in the crook of my neck. After a few sniffs he began to lick my neck which is very ticklish.

        I give his head a few pets and rub behind the ear, hoping it’s his sweet spot and turns out it is. He purred a little. Who knew ear rub could make even a werewolf, heck, a lycan purr? The thought itself is so hilarious. I brush through his fur. It's so soft. My conditioner rarely made my hair that soft. He starts to crouch down. What is he doing? He carefully tugs at my sleeves while pointing at his back. Does he want me to rub his back or something? I rub his thick fur but he moves away. He picks up his back pack and hands it to me then again sits down. I’m Hella confused right now. He looks at my confused state and huffs out. “What?” I open the bag and start to look through it, maybe he wants to show me something in this bag. Out of the blue I feel myself falling backward. I fell on the midnight wolf and he stood up with me dangling on his back. Ok, now I get it. I properly sit up on his back. Poor soul wanted me to climb on his back for some reason. He starts to walk away from the tents. “We can’t leave now. Erik and Luvia still hasn’t woken up.” He pays me no heads as he starts to speed up.

       I give up and hold on to him. I really don’t want to fall off his back. From the facility escaping experience I undoubtedly knew how fast he ran. Soon enough he begins to run in full sprint. I lean down, keeping my body as low as possible. His warmth shielding me from the cold wind as he runs through the forest. It feels like I'm living a fantasy dream. Seeing the beautiful northern lights dancing on the starry sky while passing through the never-ending forest is something more than breath taking.

We reached what looked like a hill top. He stopped and lowered his body. I swiftly climb down. The view from here is breath taking. I can’t take my eyes off what’s in front of me. Wilderness always calms me down. It’s kind of my escape plan whenever I feel exhausted. I sit down and hug me legs. The midnight wolf cocoons itself around me and is also basking in the beauty. He is so majestic. Only expression that comes to my mind as I look at him is fierce beauty. He is another side of Xan with its own conscious and personality. I slowly turn towards him. His eyes turn towards me. The sky-blue eyes I love so much. “Thank you for bringing me here. Thanks for everything. I know you would have wanted someone just like you and Xan. Someone with whom you could run around, go on hunting, haul to the moon or something. I just hope you don’t mind. All this is new to me but I will try my best to understand. Xan tells me that he is more than happy to have me as his mate but there is always this bugging that I’m not enough.”

          Not enough. That’s what I’m afraid of. The thought makes my heart heavy. All of a sudden, I’m tackled down and being licked. My whole face and neck are being covered in saliva with his big ass tongue. Being licked is not a new thing. I have worked with animals. So, it’s common but if feels funny and ticklish also sloppy. “Ok, big boy! I appreciate it but you need to stop now.” He stops and I straighten up. I rub the saliva off with my sleeves. I thought that he would be a little grumpy but looks like he is just a big puppy. I slowly pat his head as he lies his head on my lap. All this time he has been waiting for his mate to name him. I think for a while, what would describe him for who he is and I come up with just the one.

“Heiland...” He looks up to me. Eyes wide. “It means saviour. Do you like it? As your name, I mean.” He stands up on all four and starts to wag his tail uncontrollable. His body language tells me he likes his name. Thank God! I hold his big head and look in to those heavenly eyes.

“Heiland..., a Lycan, a leader, an alpha. Saviour of friends and family. Death of the foe.”

That's what he is. Who he is. Heiland holds his head high and hauls to the moon and sky. His beautiful, deep haul could be heard from far away. A declaration of finally knowing who he is. More hauls joined with his creating a mesmerising symphony. My heart swells up with pride. One by one, many wolves, a little smaller then him but big in general, appears from the tree line. Werewolves! Heiland stands by my side as I slowly get on my feet. White, grey, brown, black every shade of wolf surrounded us. They are looking at us. I hear a dangerously low grow coming from Heiland. His ears are pulled back and his jaw is parted showcasing the deadly canines. My legs want to give up but I hold still. Facing 10 to 12 Werewolves is barely keeping me level headed. Another growl comes from my side, louder then earlier. But this time they back away a little and sits down, head between the front legs, tail wagging. A sign of surrender. With proud steps Heiland approaches them. All of them surrounds him, licking him, rubbing their heads on him. It's his pack. They survived! Relief washes over me. I might not know them but they are Xan's family. So they are important. I can only imagine how happy and relieved Xan is right now. However, I know something else too. Now that he has got his family back, he will be out for blood for the suffering he and his pack went through.

The saviour is back. And I plan to stay right by his side.