CALM BEFORE THE STORM

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

ALLEN'S POV:

"We go from this floor to the next then turn left and follow the corridor leading to a ladder which will bring us up to even higher levels which we need. Their security system gets thinner at upper levels. This ladder will take us to the terrace. After that, it's just a small slide and slip and then we have the forest to run for our lives. I took care of the CCTV problem but .... I need to tell you; we have two more people who are going to come with us." Said Erik.

"who?" Though I calmed down, I still felt edgy. Erik has been trying to distract me. He is constantly trying keeping me eye contact with him even if he needs to grab my face. He knows very well that I can't help but focus on him that way. And I am thankful for that. Xan is also listening to Erik but he steals glances at me.

"My mate, Luvia. And vamp Richard."

"WHAT!!"

"What do you mean your mate?" I asked, confused as hell

"Richard! As in Vampire Richard who is an alpha?" Xan stood up.

"Wow fellas, hold up. One by one." Erik held up his hands in surrender pose. "Yes Xander, vampire alpha Richard. Yes cupcake, my mate Luvia."

"Your mate is a werewolf, right? You are human but you are covered in her scent." Xan asked with a bit of teasing tone.

"Guys please let's focus on the plan and not on my scents. Richard will take the security and make sure that there are no electric or laser traps. Our plan starts exactly at 5pm. Xander, Luvia will unlock your door then you need to break out of here with cupcake and head to this door. Cupcake, I am sure you can cover him. You two will need to cover each other. I and Rechard will meet you 3 at the fifth floor."

"Wait, Erik. At this the whole facilities focus will be on us. We need distraction. As chaotic as possible." I added.

"Hmmm, that sure can be done. That way others may also have a chance to escape. Ok, I can do that."

"Erik," Xander called, "let me handle the chaos. Also, you can depend on Richard in this case. We haven't caused havoc in a long.... time." Why am I getting a murderous vibe from him?

"Ok, but if our plan fails or cupcake gets hurt, lycan or not I will kill you."

"Erik..., I know you are a great brother but you know I can handle any situation. Now that I think of it, I need to gain strength, I must have gone weak that's why I almost got raped."

As soon as I said that Xan pulled me close to his face and growled. At the same time, I heard a loud crash and found that Erik has broken the small wooden coffee table with a kick. Now I don't know whom I should console. I feel like I am in the desert where either I die from hundred degree burn or from severe frost bites.

"You are not weak. You never were and you never will be. You are the strongest woman I have ever seen. Don't you dare doubt yourself. Do you hear me?" Bossy Xan...HOT!

"Yes Xander, I hear you." I replied

"Cupcake, it I went through what you had to went through I would have gone mad. I have seen you. You are a worrier. I know how strong willed you are. You inspire me, you make me want to make myself stronger than you so that you can depend on me. So never fucking ever dare to destroy my inspiration by calling yourself weak."

I just look at this two-man standing before me. I can't describe how lucky I feel. What have I done for God to give me such a great brotherly friend Erik and such a caring possessive protector lycan, Xander.