ANTICIPATION

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

XANDERS POV:

We are on our way to the north. Ell decided to drive saying that her hands ae itching to drive. Mind if I mention that my girl can drive. Erik told me that long drives are Ell’s thing and now I know why. We are way ahead of our schedule. It’s a good thing, the earlier we reach there the better it is for us. I can take over my pack. Start to build alliance with the other packs. Ell has done her part, now I need to do mine.
Ell takes the forest root. Windows are down, some country song is playing on the radio, pure bliss! Scents of pine, mud and forest fills up the car. I let out a sigh of relief. Forest always calms me down. I close my eyes and enjoy.

“Xan..”I hear someone calling my name “Come on handsome! Rise and shine” I feel a hand massaging my scalp. By now I know it’s Ell. As I open my eyes, I'm greeted with one of Ell’s sweet smiles. “hey... I see you have woken up. We are at a gas satiation. Let's get out for a while ok? I kind of need to stretch my legs a little.” -We bought some snacks, refilled our fuel, had an unnecessary fight over who will drive but of course I won.

       I have been driving for a few hours now. But it has been fun with all the chit chatting. Turned out Ell is a total sucker for natural beauty. After her camping at high school, she became obsessed with camping and tracking. Every time she dragged Erik with her ignoring all his protests. Luvia sheared her first time seeing how to hunt and that she puked all night. Well, it's not a problem, it can be disturbing at first sight. All of them laughed at how I fell in frozen lake because I couldn’t stop running. The sky is painted with different shades of blue with a hint of pink and purple as the sun is setting down. Ell let’s her hair down and leans on the window. The wind is blowing away few strands of hair from her face. She looks so calm. Soon we reach our stop for the day. We Park our car off the road. Starting fire, we set our tents. Tomorrow morning me and Luvia will carry our mates and run the rest of the way cause that will be faster and easier.

        My parents used to bring me and my sister here to show us the northern lights. I still remember all four of us lying down on the grass, joking, laughing. I miss them. I just hope that they are at peace. I cautiously get out of the tent. It will be morning in a few hours. I looked at the sky, the Arora could be seen. It brings back so many memories. Little noise of shuffling was coming from mine and Ell’s tent. Soon after that Ell came out of it while straightening out her hair bun.

“Can't sleep?” I hold out my hand for her and she gladly takes it. “nah, the night is too beautiful to sleep it away!” she winks at me. I pull her by my side. “thinking about your pack? Must be, after all, you are going to meet them after such a long time.”

“Can’t wait honestly. I just hope they are ok.” Ell cups my cheeks and looks me dead in the eyes,

          “Hey I’m sure they miss you too. They will be so happy to see you!”

ALLEN’S POV:

The need to confess my feelings. It's is eating me alive. At every passing moment it feels like I’m discovering new depts of love for him. His touch, his smile, his warmth, I love everything. I love him.

“What are you thinking so hard about, sweetness?”

“You.”

“Oh,yeah? What about me?”

“That’s for me to know and you to not know yet.” I smile at him as sweetly as possible. “You and your lines. Anyway, I want you to meet with my wolf. Recently he has been bugging me a lot. If its ok with you that is.”

“Why would I have any problem? But I have seen your wolf on the day we escaped, right?” I remember that he and Luvia shifted to carry us to that cave. “You have seen my wolf form but I was in control back then.”

                  Oh yeah, having power over consciousness. Generally, among werewolves its either the human side or the wolf side will be in control but as Xan is a Lycan, he and his wolf can shear consciousness at the same time if the human side and wolf side is in total sync. It took me a while to understand. My thoughts were interrupted because Xan stood up and started to remove his cloths. First went his shirt revealing his beautiful body. Muscles flexed as he moved his hands. It's not the first time I saw him without a shirt but every time I stared at him like a bitch in heat. Men had a body to drool about.

            “Still can’t get enough kitten?” He is now facing me with a bad boy smirk on his face. Those broad shoulders, prominent biceps, Abs showcasing his six-pack followed by the v line that went lost under his trousers. A soft growl came from him, “Keep looking at me like that and you will find not a single piece of cloth on yourself and me on top of you.”

Shivers went down my spine. I could feel my whole body heating up. His lips are now so close to mine, almost touching, “You know what? I change my mind. Look at me as much as you want kitten.” He smashed his lips on mine and I gladly kissed him back. There is nothing soft about this kiss rather it’s hot, rough but filled with passion. He sucked at my lower lip and gave it a soft tug, asking for more. More, I need more too. His tongue pushed past my parted lips earning a moan from me. I can’t control myself when it comes to Xander. I want to stay in his warmth and never let go.

“you haven’t told me your wolf’s name. What am I supposed to call him?”

“He doesn’t have a name yet.”