THE DUEL

CHAPTER NINETEEN

ERIK'S POV:

I am thinking how Allen will faceoff Han. I have no doubt in Allen's capability but to be honest Han is a combat fighter. There is no way for Allen to win with strength but if she uses her other skills, I think she can make it. Believe it or not, cupcake is no less then a first class assassin. She just needs the switch to be flipped.

"Erik..." Luvia nudge me.

"Yes,Luv?"

"I think we should take Alpha Xander elsewhere. If Luna fights, I don't think alpha will be able to control himself. Things will turn the wrong way." Says Luvia.

"Can't you help him like tell him to stay put? He is your Alpha after all." I ask. Luvia has a point. Xander is too much possessive over Allen. He fucking broke through silver bars to protect her. Silver is equivalent to poison for werewolves.

"Why don't you go and confront him. Have a man to man talk."

"Man to man talk, my ass. He will snap me like a twig. I love my life." I answer in horror.

"Ok. Ok. But we need to do something otherwise he will end up spilling blood." Luvia replies.

"Let me see."

I go to Allen who was doing warm up. Only a few minutes left now.

"Cupcake!"

"Yeah bro."

"Please do something about Xander. I think he will flip if he sees you hurt."

"But I already explained him. You saw that. What happened now?" Allen says in confusion.

"Look at him cupcake. Does he look composed or does he look like a possessed murderer?"

Allen huffs and rubs her temple. "What will you children do without me. Tsk tsk."

"Shut up!" Allen never fails to mock me.

ALLEN'S POV:

What Erik said was truly something to be worried about. Xan actually looks like he is about to go berserk. I have to stop him from flipping.

"Xan! I need to talk to you." He immediately walks up to me and cups my cheeks. Wow! He really is on edge. I know it's wrong of me but I can't help but feel pleased at his concern.

"Yeah, sweet heart?"

"Xan, I want you to overlook the match on my side. It's not like they will cheat but sometimes situations occur when judgement depends on the over lookers." I ask.

"Ok... but why me? Erik knows more about your fighting styles. He is more helpful than me right now."

"Yeah, he does but ...." god it isn't easy to voice my feelings "I want you to see me as who I am in the ring. I.....I want to show you a part of my true self." I finally spill it. I never wanted anyone to truly know me more than Xander. No... I want him to see the true me. "Oh also!! Please try not to flip or shift in front of everyone. Please!"

"Hey! I know our situation. It's just my irritating dumb wolf with a one-track mind. I will oversee the match from your side. Just let me reason with my idiot wolf." Xan closes his eyes and massages his temple.

This man, he is so patient with me. Thanks, God, for letting me meet him. I hug him and instantly like a reflex he hugs me back. We hold each. The warmth in his embrace, the way he holding me always makes me feel safe. Gives me strength. His very existence makes me feel alive. I can hear his heart bit it's like my personal lullaby.

"Don't get too hurt." Xan softly mumbles.

"I will try."

*THE FIGHT *

Right now, I have Han in front of me. Both of us are ready to prove ourselves. Everyone is screaming around us.

"Back off Allen. You and I are never going to work together. I won't work a deal with a weak woman." Says Han. He is trying to provoke me. I internally grin. As if that's something new I hear.

"We will see Han. But today will be the last time we will fight each other." I reply.

The word 'Fight' starts to echo faster and then the whistle goes off. Without any hesitation we lunged at each other. Only weapon we can use is knives.

I try to slash him with my knife but he blocks me. We tackle. Both of us trying make the other loose balance. He gets a hold on my hand and throws me over but I turn my body and land on my feet and swiftly use the force to push his chest as hard as possible. This caught him off guard so he stumbled back but he recovered and kicked me in the stomach which I partly blocked by my knee. Now there was some distance between us. But Han doesn't waste time and again lungs to me. He tries to slash me with knife. Some slashes caught me but that didn't stop me from fighting him back. I also cut him but my main goal is to find a single blow that can end this fight. I cut his bicep but he again snakes his hand around and throws me to the ground and hovers over me to choke hold but I kick him in the guts with both my legs. He falls and I swiftly jump on him to stab him but he blocks me and wraps his legs around my neck. My head got stuck and he took the opportunity to continuously hit my head with his elbow. It hurts. It felt like he is cracking open my skull so I stabbed him in the thigh which loosened his hold. I freed my head; my head was spinning but suddenly I was struck with a sharp pain and my eyes blacked out. My face, my nose hurts. This mother fucker kicked me in the face. He took the opportunity and again kicked me in the chest. The air knocked out of me. I stumble to the ground. I lost my knife. I snapped out of the black out and as he jumped to stab me, I moved back and kicked his knife away. I spin my body and kick him in the neck with my other leg. I get up and take my stand. He also gets up and takes a few steps back.

"That's all ya got? Shame." Han says. He has this sadistic smirk on his face.

We again collide. We duel but suddenly he caught me in a bend hold and started to knee kick me in the stomach. It felt like my guts will come up my mouth. I hold his other leg and tackle him to the ground and punch him in the face. I get up and move behind him. I don't give him the chance to recover and axe kick him as he bent over to get up. He fell flat on the ground.

Everything fell silent. Most people may think that the fight is over but I know it isn't. Han can overcome an axe kick and true to my words Han got up. Though he was having trouble to stand up.

"Why did you stop?!! Come! Charge Allen!" Han shouts.

Han wants me to prove my worth I will prove it to him. I waste no time. I pick up a knife and run to him. But as soon as I get to a stabbing range, I let go of the knife which diverted his attention towards the falling knife and tackle him to the ground with a side choke hold. In this hold his own arm will press on his carotid artery, making him pass out. I hold him down with whatever strength I had left. I have to hold him down. If my hold breaks, I won't be able to defeat him. He is struggling very much. He is punching my sides. I am sure it has broken some of my ribs. I have to make him pass out. Give up damn it. It's now or never so I further tighten the hold even though I was putting more pressure on my broken ribs. In seconds I feel his body go numb but I wasn't sure if he was really passed out or was he acting. so, I didn't lose my hold.

"The duel has come to an end. My son, Han has been defeated by Allen. I, Massimo Kratos, call the end of the duel."

As soon as I heard that I let go of Han. I felt like someone was hammering my head. I couldn't feel my face. My eyes were becoming heavy. The darkness was taunting me to surrender. But the worried voices of Xander, Erik and Luvia was surrounding me. I have done my job.

"Why is she losing consciousness?" I hear Xander asking someone. I want to hug him and tell him that I am ok. I am just exhausted.

"She took a lot of blow. She is bleeding and her energy is drained. Let her rest. We will patch her up." An unknown man says.

"I will come with her." Says Xander.

I feel like someone is holding me. I try to open my eyes but only for seconds. I see the beautiful face of Xander who is carrying me to somewhere in his arms.

"Rest up sweet heart. I will be with you all the time." Xander assures me and I surrender to darkness.