FREEDOM

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

XANDER'S POV:

When I said that she was the strongest woman I have seen is totally true. After what Ell went through, I thought she would take time to overcome the trauma but she was just the opposite. That night I stayed by her as she kept waking up, frightened, covered in sweat. She denied whenever I tried to help. In the end I stopped listening to her. Dragging my mattress to her side I dropped it on the floor by her bed. Even though she denied, she needed someone by her and I will be by her.

"Don't Xan! Go sleep comfortably on your bed. I'm ok. Just give me some time. It's no big deal anyway..."

" No big deal?" she flinched a little as I growled. "Ell... It's ok to express how you are feeling. You don't need to hold everything in. People can only hold so much. We both have seen a new side of eachother today. You are a very brave woman but you keep all your sadness and hurt to yourself. I can feel you have so much of it in here," I slowly place my palm on her heart, " you don't need to add more to it." I can feel her heaving and shivering. I hold on to her hands and wait for her to reach out to me.

" I keep hearing voices of those guards, I keep feeling their hands on me. I feel dirty even though I have rubbed it raw during shower. As I close my eye, it all comes back to me like I am reliving it again and again and again." tears streams down her face. I pull her into me and hold her tightly. I let her throw it all out. After a while she fell asleep so I tuck her in then slide down to my own bed.

"Xan..."

"Yes love?" She holds out her hand towards me . Like an instinct I hold on to it, small yet rough , engulfed in my rough one.

"If you don't mind, can I hold your hand. It's ok if you feel uncomfortable..." Her forhead scrunches up from over thinking, "Um...Just forget it."

"Ell..."

" Sorry! Head's not working straight..."

"Ell! I want to..." She looks at me. Her eyes are puffy from all the crying. She mumbles ok and falls asleep. Throughout the whole night we sleep hand in hand while our demons stay at bay.

The next day I learned how strong willed she is. She refused to let the horrible incident pull her down. In fact, she began to train herself. She exercised; she kick boxed. And man should I say, she is very good at it. I practice with her. She is deadly with choke holds. It's so irritating, if I get out of one hold, she somehow tangles me in another. Though she is a little week at punches but her kicks are dangerous. My body is tough and five times stronger than humans but she is able to bruise me which heals in seconds. It's an achievement but Ell wasn't satisfied. The second day she broke one of my ribs which quite surprised me but she broke into a fit of apologies. I healed in 3 to 5 minuets but madam Ell restricted me from getting out of bed.

She is doing everything she can to keep her head out of the trauma. She tosses and turns in her sleep, keeps waking up from nightmare, hugging herself to stop shaking. I can't leave her alone even though she keeps telling me that she is ok. So, I told her that I need to hold her to ensure myself that she is ok. Only after that she let me stay by her until she falls asleep. I won't let her fight on her own. I never will. In this three days Ell and I prepared ourselves. We are getting out of here and none can stop us now. It's tomorrow or never.

ERIK'S POV:

In this three days Luv and I prepared ourselves. With the help of one of our supporters I doubled Richards blood inflow and luv was strong enough to let Richard know about our change of plans through telepathy. She said that its possible if the alpha allows other wolves to telepath with him. Supernatural stuff really does come handy. I can't help but envy. Tomorrow we escape.

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Today was the day Allen and Erik planned to escape with their group. It's 4: 30 pm now. Only half an hour left. Erik is working in block X waiting for the right time to take out Richard. On the other hand, Luvia is placing the chemical bombs which will create smoke. She has already placed 10 in different corners along with the generator room and ofcourse in X block. The booms will set off just at 4:50pm.

@ 4:50pm:

Luvia's bombs have gone off. There are sirens everywhere. People are distressed. Erik took the opportunity and knocked down the securities around Richard, Luvia also helped him out. They neutralized the temperature and freed Richard from his restraints It only took 2 or 3 minutes and Richard was on run as planned. Richard and Erik headed for the control room. Luvia went to free Allen and Xander.

@ 5:00 pm:

Xander and Allen heard the alarms going off right at 4:50 which means their cue is next. Xander clawed out the tracker from his bicep and half transformed, Allen right by his side. At the moment the clock hits 5:00 Luvia unlocks pad lock and Xander breaks down the heavy cell door and starts to advance and kill whoever's attacking him and the two female.

At first Allen was hesitant as she saw Xander killing whomever attacked them. She wasn't a fan of killing but soon she understood that now was neither the time nor the situation to think about that. Maybe later but surely not now. They got out of X block as fast as they could. Suddenly someone fired and Xander pushed her out of the way of the bullet. Allen thanked God that Xan was not hit. It angered and scared her at the same time. Bad move! Because these two emotions are the triggers to turn Allen ruthless. With an M82B on hand and MP5 hung on shoulder she covered Xander not caring if her bullet kills anyone. Three of them move forward leaving everything painted in blood.

@ 5:08 pm:

Allen, Xander, Erik , Luvia four of them met at fifth floor now they are running through the narrow corridor to reach the ladder. Suddenly Luvia felt Richard telling her something through mind link so she focused. Richard found out that the facility has an emergency shutdown system. After being activated the whole facility will be locked down automatically within 20 minutes and it will electrify the surrounding waters. In short, escape will be impossible. It's the facilities ultimate security system. It has already been two minutes since it's been activated. Luvia informed everyone telling them to run and climb with everything they have. This was taking a toll on Allen and Erik. Their stamina and speed were lower than their other team members but they were not going to lag behind.

@ 5:20 pm:

Fighting, running and climbing. Everyone has seen that in action movies but in reality, it's a whole other level of chore that takes away precious time. By the time they reached the terrace it was already 5:20 means they only had 6 minutes left. So, they ran faster than their lungs could take them at normal times. Allen was pushed to the front as she had guns to give them broad range cover, Richard was also by her side, helping Allen. Erik nudged Xander and said, "Xander, we need to jump off the terrace then swim across the lake. Allen won't jump down on her own. Just push her off and help her landing. Please just do it. I will explain later."

His words made Xander confused but sadly when Erik finished telling Xan they had already reached the edge of the terrace. Even though it killed Xan to push Allen off the terrace he speeded up and did it and jumped with her. He held her and made sure they landed safely. Allen screamed at first but in the next second lost consciousness. They all jumped in the lake and swam for the forest across. Allen gained consciousness in the middle and began to swim for herself.

@ 5:25 pm:

They reached the forest. Now only seconds left before the facility is locked down. Smoke and fire covered certain parts of it. But Erik and Allen's group don't stop to see what happens. They ran deeper inside the forest where Xander and Luvia shifted in their wolf form. Considering the weight Allen rode on Luvia's back and Erik rode on Xander's back. Meanwhile Richard bid his farewell and went on his own way. Now the four of them were searching for a safe place where they can plan their next move. After sometime they found a cave which was quite above the forest floor and away from view. Xan and Luvia shifted back and they climbed up to the cave. In the muddy moss-covered cave, they realized that they were finally free. Now there is nothing holding them from looking forward.