LIVING IN THE PRESENT

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

XANDER’S POV:

I woke up to the most beautiful angel in my arms. Hair fallen from her loose bun, slightly parted red lips, cheeks a little flushed. I tuck behind few strands of hair that had fallen on her face. I wonder how did I get such strong yet beautifully fragile mate. She lets out cute noises in her sleep like just now. With ‘mph’ she presses her face in my chest with a hand around my torso. God save me from this little angel. I can’t help but adore her. I gently rub her back. She takes in a big breath and looks at me. Those beautiful eyes.

    “Good morning, Xan!” she greets me with a smile. SHIT! I’m done for. ■ ‘We are done for bro. She whooped our ass'■ My wolf says. Well, figured that much.  I thought myself.

     “Morning sweetness!” I reply.
She stretches her body like a cat but whimpers at once. “Ell! Your fracture!” Damn it! Every time I forget that she needs more time to recover then me.

“yeah...” she says.

“you’re just like a kitten.” I tease.

“Kitten! Seriously!” she gives me one of those awkward smiles of her.
I drag my thumb along her lower lip “Yeah... My kitty!”

Instantly her face becomes red. “What happened kitty? Something interesting came to your mind!” I slowly whisper. “you can tell me you know. I am more than happy to fulfil your fantasies.”

“Xander...”

Her heart is pounding. I love the reactions she is giving me. I hover over her and lean close to her neck. Her scent is so addictive. “I want to know how naughty my little kitty is.” I slowly begin to kiss her neck, her collar bone.  Damn, I want to mark her! I want to claim her. I want all to see that she’s my mate and she is off limits. My Lycan instincts are shouting at me to mate with Ell. I know we just started to let each other in our hearts.  We need more time. So, I fight my instincts and continue my mild assault on her neck. Ell is trembling under my arms. It feels so damn good. I can feel my cock getting harder by second. I want to tear down every piece of clothing on her and mark every fucking inch of her body as mine. I can’t stop my growling thinking this. But I was flipped and pinned to bed as Ell now is on me with her hands on my chest. Both of us shaking with our hearts pounding in our chest. We just stared at each other. She brings my right hand to her lips and kisses each of my knuckle while holding my gaze. God she looked sexy! Placing my hand on her waist she leans forward and kisses me hungrily. Holding her neck with my right hand I palm her butt with the other. My girl has sexy butt. She moans as I gripped it a little hard. Our tongues battle for dominance. I am so hard right now. I might as well sully my pants. She bites down on my lower lip then sucks it. That’s it!

                   I flip us and again hover over her. “Kitten... my beautiful sexy kitten...” My voice is thick with need. Need for my Ell. My gorgeous mate. Lowering down I roughly kiss the spot where my mark is supposed to go. She moans out and curbs her back nudging my hard cock. I groan. She stiffens. Shit! I need to stop. I don’t want to but I need to. She isn’t ready yet. I nibble on the skin of her neck then move up to capture her lips. God! I could kiss her all day. I kiss her softly. We hold on to each other for sometime. Basking is the warmth of the other.

After some while Ell went to fresh up. I pull up the covers to shield the tent in my pants. I need a cold shower. I close my eyes and images of Ell lying under me flashes through. I can still smell her arousal in the air.

“Xander! What the fuck have you done to my neck!” I open my eyes and see a cute frustrated Ell point out my art on her neck.

Yeah, damn right! So, what I can’t put a permanent mark on her but that doesn’t mean I can’t put temporary marks on her. I just settled in the middle. I feel so proud of my work. “I clearly remember you enjoying it sweetness!” I laugh. Her blushes. I know what my naughty kitten is thinking right now. I can’t hold back my grin.

“Ok! Ok. True I loved it but why so many hickeys. My whole left side neck is practically red now.” Ell rubs the spots.

“Don’t worry! I will redo them when they start to fade.” I assure
                   “Xander, no! I am already sweating at the thought of Erik seeing them. He will tease me to death. He has Luvia on his side too.”
I can’t help but laugh out.

“Oh, you think you will be let loose. I will make sure you get teased too baby boy!”

“Why will I get teased.  I am happily proud of my artwork on you.”
Ell grunts and stomps her feet like a child and again goes in the washroom. And here I was laughing the life out of me.

ALLEN’S POV:

As I expected, Erik and Luvia bugged me to death about my hickeis . God! I still feel all hot and bothered about what happened in the morning. The way he kissed me , how he held me everything made me want more. Xan is the true definition of male beauty in my eyes. I want to give him more of me. I could feel how hard he was for me. Yet, he let me have my way. I don’t care if he is a werewolf or not. I just know that he is slowly creeping in my heart.
Han and uncle Massimo left us in this house for a week. They will return after the weekend. Xan and Erik decided to train Luvia how to fight in her human form as she only knew how to fight in wolf form. I was suspended from any training or exercise for my fracture.
We enjoyed quality time together. Everyone laughed and joked. Life felt peaceful but deep down I knew it was only a matter of time before we will need to fight again. Though that won’t stop us from enjoying our present.
Erik and Luvia also grew close to each other.  Erik seems to have come around his edges. Things between Xan and I are also great.  We are taking steady steps. We have decided to take things slowly. Although there are time when I just want to jump on him. We do kiss and cuddle most of the time but nothing too spicy happened.

        We discussed our next strategy . Xan and I will go to find the surviving members of his pack. On the other hand, Erik and Luvia will go to Alpha Richard for creating alliance between us and them. We know we will be taking a big step but we need to become stronger while the facility is still weak.

^ AFTER A WEEK ^

Its 9PM.  We had our dinner. Now we are watching a movie. I am curled up on Xan’s lap as my head rests on his shoulder. Erik is sitting on the other couch with Luvia’s head on his lap since Luvia is lying down. The bell started to rang so I got up to see who it was. Xan right behind me. I check the door camera and see it was uncle Massimo and Han. Wait! Why don’t they have body guards with them. Their faces look grim.

“it’s ok sweetness I don’t sense anyone other than those two.” Xan assures.
I open the door and let them in. Erik and Luvia gets up. Fully alert.
Uncle Massimo throws some files on the table and looks at me. I look at the scattered files then at uncle.

“What have you gotten yourself into Allena!” 

_________________________________________

Hello, my dear readers. I hope you all are enjoying my book.
It's my first novel so I am having my fingers crossed. 😅
Thanks for reading my novel.
Don't feel shy on commenting. I would really like to know your opinions ☺
Also , vote and share 🙇‍♀️

Have a good day. Don't let the negatives effect you. Be safe.
Everyone of you out there,  you are a limited edition. None can be like you.👑

👑