CRUEL FATE

CHAPTER EIGHT
ERIK'S POV:

When I woke up I was in my room. Again I failed to protect Allen. I have to find a way out . It's all on me now .

After some hours I was again called to perform a surgery. In my last surgery I transferred a leg to a dog. And it wasn't an artificial leg but a real leg from another dying dog . Such surgery is still impossible outside this place. For the world these surgeries are only possible on humans not animals. But I hated it. I had to kill one to save the other. When I get out of here I won't even exercise such surgeries .

I went to the mutation and reconstructive department. I was waiting and thinking about ways to get out of here.

"Mr. Erik Collins! Are you listening?" A woman asked me . From her get up maybe she was also a surgeon.

"Yes ! Yes I am ."

" Today I will be your partner . Our subject is a female werewolf but her weak heart and bone marrow reserve her from transforming. We will implant a new heart and bone marrow in her so that she can transform."

I answered nothing & went to the operation theatre. I don't have any other options anyway. My patient is a 20 year old female werewolf. Height 5'7", silver blood hair , pink lips. She was skinny which was unusual for werewolves. They either had bulky or fitted physic. Her chart shows her name is Luvia. She will have her brother's heart & bone marrow. Her brother is in wolf form but in coma. I need to remove what's needed to be removed. While I was doing the procedure I just kept chanting how sorry I was mentally. After my part was done I was dismissed. Now I need to find a way to meet cupcake.

The next day I went to see Luvia'a recovery. There was a alert going on from her room. I hear a girl screaming so I rushed. There I say her . Crying, swearing, screaming.

" You monsters!! You killed my brother. I didn't need his heart. I don't want to shift. I don't want to live like this. NO...!!! Stephen!! UHG..!!"

She started to scratch her bandages and stitches. People held her down and tied her to the bed so that she can't harm herself. No.. It's not her fault. It's mine . I was the one who took out the heart and bone marrow. I killed her brother. I should be the one who dies on her hands.

" Can I speak with her alone. I am the one who took her brother's life. I won't let her fall too."

I asked the female doctor who was my partner surgeon . She just gave a nod & signalled others to go out with her.

" Miss Luvia. I just want you to know that it's not your fault. I.."

I couldn't finish cause she hugged me . Her fingers were now claws . She cut the straps that tied her down. She hugged me and cried on my shoulders.

" MATE!! You are my mate! Please don't leave me .please!!"

" Luvia, I don't think I am the mate you want. I am the .."

" I don't care if you are human . Don't be disgusted by me."

"Luvia ,no!! Why would I be disgusted by you . But I am not the person you deserve to..."

"please.." She hid her face in my chest. I hugged her back. Why do I have to be her mate . I know she isn't at fault. Why is destiny so cruel. Maybe that's how I have to repent. I made her orphan so I will stay by her and look after her. I patted her head and upper back to smooth her over.

" Shh.. Calm down. I will not leave you but you need to hear something. After that its up to you.
Luvia, your brother was brain dead. He was in coma . They were testing on him. I was the one who took out his heart."

She stopped hugging me & looked straight at me " But trust me when I took out his heart I kept apologising to him . Yet to be honest I thought that I was putting him out of his misery. I thought that by the transplant he will have a chance to live through you. I you feel that your brother was taken from you can punish me ."

" Leave!!"

is all she says to me . And I did what she wanted. She need time.
I came to my room and started reviewing the data I collected. And with the mercy of God i think i found a crack.

ALLEN'S POV:

I had a dreaming which I was sitting on a hilltop with a man . We were so in love. It was a full moon night and there were wolves lousing around us but the wolves never bothered me and the man . I saw his face in my dream but couldn't remember after I woke up in the evening. The dream made me feel longing for the man. I felt irritated that I couldn't remember his face. But I put that aside and focused on Xander. I tried to bring up why and how he was caught but he didn't want to answer that yet so I didn't pressure him. We were chatting then suddenly Gunther came and said that they will take Xander for interrogation.

" What... No!! You did that just this morning. He is a living being. By the way I was given one month with him so how do still have the right to torture him. He is my work"

" We never said anything about changing his routine Miss Allen."

" Mr. Gunther! You are having your way with him for 3 years now. Did it make any progress? NOOPE. So I was given this task for your incompatibility. So now either my way or no way. Also as me & Xander are practically locked in a square hole whit no outer world connection I don't want any camera or microphone in here. I cherish my privacy so you remove them or I break then. And no more old ways. Furthermore I will be allowed to have dinner outside. You guys can search me when I go in or out from him but I need to be out ."

" You will be let out once a week it was decided previously. Moreover we can't accept your demands. Give us a good reason why we should."

" If you don't then I will kill Xander ' your precious source' by my own hands and trust me I won't care if you kill me for killing Xander. Besides don't be such a cheap steak. My demands are not so grand."

" Ok fine! But I will be watching you Allena Roberts." He huffed

We will see who has the last laugh soon.