ACCEPTANCE

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

ALLEN'S POV:

What the hell just happened! It’s not that I didn’t like it but why did he kiss all over my face so suddenly. I almost had a mini heart attack. A smile creeps on my lips. There is a tingling sensation where he kissed me. Xan is trying so hard for me. He has been so patient with me. I should give him a chance. Maybe give us a try. Even if he is a lycan , he is far more honest with me then any human. Its kind of my mojo. Whenever  I look someone in the eyes I can make an assessment about his character like if he is honest with me or is he shady and most of the time my assessment is correct. Xan has no filter . He trusts me without even knowing my past. So I will also work hard to give ‘us' a chance. I readjust the G18 pistol under my pillow and lie down. Probably Erik or uncle Massimo slipped it in.

^THE NEXT DAY ^

It wasn’t even 6am when Xan came in my room . He said that he slept enough. His words ‘ I haven’t slept so good in three years.’ Now we are planning out our next move. He wants to go where his surviving pack members are supposed to stay . If he finds them there then good . If not he will go to one of his allies. Its a good plan. The fact that he had a last resort plan for his pack if there was any great danger . We also discussed how we will come clean to Han and Uncle Massimo. Cause they are in for a challenge and supposedly danger.  I don’t want them in too much danger.

          Xan and I had our breakfast together. We even fed each other. And to be honest, it felt natural. I need to come clean to Xan. He deserves it. Since I was feeling brave so it’s now or never.

“ Xan, let’s go outside. I need some fresh air.”

“But your...” he starts.

“ It’s  ok. Besides you are with me.” I smile and slowly get up with Xan's help. It's now or never. We go to the terrace and sit. He sits behind me and tells me to lean back so that my injuries won’t hurt. . Gosh! He is such a sweetheart. Well here goes nothing.

      “ I...I think you should want to know somethings .Why haven’t you asked me anything about my past ,Xan? I am pretty sure you have noticed that I am not a normal girl. Heck! I am a vet who is also a CEO & have connections with underworld!”

“ So? I don’t mind my mate being strong and independent. In fact it makes me proud.  Yes , underworld connections is a unique thing but I love unique.” Ha finishes.

       “ Your mate? Wait what!?” I stiffen. Hold up my past, something unexpected came up.

“ Shit!” Xan  mumbles.

“ Why didn’t you tell me at the beginning?” I try to stay calm,  which is a challenge by itself.

“Well... I didn’t want to force anything on you. You see... I wanted you to know me . I wanted you to like me as it happens in humans. I wanted to give you time . I don’t want to force you into anything. It kills me to say it but if you don’t want me....... yo..you can re..reject me.” I can feel him shaking, clenching his fists. I came to know how special mates are from Luvia. Why God? Why did you paired him up with someone as broken as me? I pull his arms around my waist. He gets the signs and holds me. He needed it and I too did need it.

“ I am sorry, Xan. I am sorry that you have me as your mate!”

I hear a growl “ You are my mate. My better half. I am proud of you. Heck, I can’t imagine anyone better than you. Why are you saying sorry sweetheart?”

“ I am pathetic Xan.  Learning to fight, taking survival lessons, studying and learning my ass off so that I can escape my fears. I couldn’t stop my grandmother and uncles from destroying my parents lives. I couldn’t save them . I did everything so that I can help my parents but nothing worked.” I couldn’t stop the tears. I never opened up to anyone. Whatever Erik found out was by accident. It feels like I just unlocked the box which was never supposed to be opened. Now I can’t stop.